Search results

1. w1ljm

Cleaning a Munchkin MC120 Contender Wall Hung Boiler. Boston, Ma.

Hi, My wife and I had a new boiler installed about 18 months ago. It is a Munchkin MC120 Contender Wall Hung Boiler that is natural gas supplied. We are extremely happy with it and we think that it was well worth the price paid for it. I heard that it needs a cleaning once a year which...
  2. w1ljm

fault code for a centurion heating system

I have a centurion heating system model gf9s06012up11j that is a couple years old. It just stopped producing heat. I see that there is a fault code of three red flashes. (Pressure Switch stuck open). What does this mean and where is it so that I can unstick it? Also ! the basic info on the...
  3. w1ljm

fault codes for heating system

Hi, I have a Cenrurion heating system Model #gf9s060b12up11j that stopped producing heat. I inspected the unit to find that it is giving a fault code of 3 red flashes. The chart on the cover states that the fault condition is: pressure switch stuck open. Could someone tell me what the pressure...
  4. w1ljm

TP valve on Hot water heater. BAD???

I did not mean to harp on this, but I was getting conflicting info. (JIMBO's reply, did make some sense). I do appreciate all the feed back from everyone. You can be sure that I will be investigating the expansion tank along with the T&P valve. :o
  5. w1ljm

Gary Please clarify: "You need an expansion tank in the supply line." My previous posting stated that we had one installed years ago on the WH. I you stating that I have to have another one installed?
  6. w1ljm

The PSI coming into my house is around 80-85 measured at the water spicket (awesome), but the T&P value was blowing water all over the cellar floor. We had an expansion tank installed at the WH years ago. Helped, but did not resolve problem. This weekend I installed a PRV off the main coming...
  7. w1ljm

1). At what water pressure should a T&P valve start to open? There is about 80-85psi in the tank, when is starts to open. When it does close, it seals tight. 2). Is there a way to know if is starting to go bad? 3). Do they go bad? Weak spring ! 4). Are they easy to replace? 5). If I have...
  8. w1ljm

What is considered normal water pressure into a house?

TP valve on 40 gal hot water heater. BAD??? 1). At what water pressure should a T&P valve start to open? There is about 80-85psi in the tank, when is starts to open. When it does close, it seals tight. 2). Is there a way to know if is starting to go bad? 3). Do...
  9. w1ljm

High water pressure Thanks ! I kind of figured that I would have to shut off the water and drain the system before checking the actual air pressure of the expansion tank. Could you explain how a pressure reduction valve works? I would not think that it works the same as a shut off valve. As...
  10. w1ljm

Problem with high water pressure into the house. My problem is that my hot water heater keeps blowing water out of the safety valve. I have had a expansion tank added to the system years ago and thought it solved the problem,but the problem returned again. Talked to a plumber who stated to make...
  11. w1ljm

Could someone please tell me what is considered Ie. low water pressure? less than 40 psi normal water pressure ? between 40 - 65 psi or high water pressure? above 65 psi into...
  12. w1ljm

safety valve: hotwater tank, test if bad ?

Do you have to take the pressure of the water off the expansion tank first before you add air to the tank. Sorry I have never done this before, but the concept makes since. (The pressure on the water side of the expansion tank should be equal to the pressure on the air side of the tank.) I am...
  13. w1ljm

What is the max pressure that you can put on in the expansion tank? I was afraid of putting in too much and blowing the Diaphragm. Is the correct step for filling the air pressure to first take the water pressure off the tank?
  14. w1ljm

I have been having problems with my gas hot water heater. The 40gal tank keeps setting off the safety valve (gals. of water on the floor). I have an expansion tank on the line and I tested it to make sure that there is not water coming out the air valve (none). I also tested the pressure in...
  15. w1ljm

Musty Smell from hot water in house

Do you think that turning the temp up will kill any bacteria, if infact that it the problem creating the musty smell?
  16. w1ljm

No ! We are connected to the town's water supply.
  17. w1ljm

Our house is fairly new (built in 2000). The wife recently noticed that the water started to smell musty. Upon researching this I found that the musty smell is coming from the hot water faucets. I further found that it is not located in just one sink or shower, the smell is coming from all...
  18. w1ljm

pressure value blowing water again !

test I did check the expansion tank. It appears to have not failed. There was no water coming out when I tried to release some air. Problem is that there was not much air to release before the tank had no more to release. Could this be the problem? I am guessing that since the tank had very...
  19. w1ljm

pressure value blowing water again !

Hi, We are having a problem with a gas hot water tank (40 gal). Back in 2002 (brand new house 2001) we found that the pressure relief value was blowing water after we took a shower and empting gallons of water on the cellar floor. We had a plumber install a expansion tank and this resolved the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks