Search results

1. hollybegonia

Mystery flushes

That did the trick!
  2. hollybegonia

Mystery flushes

Thanks for the replies. My husband says he took it apart and noticed a small "blip" on the porcelain where the base of the flapper attaches. He saw water leaking from that spot. So he filed it smooth, then added waterproof silicon to ensure a good seal (sorry, still not sure how to add a photo...
  3. hollybegonia

Mystery flushes

Thanks, Terry. My husband says he's done all that. All he can think of now is that he didn't seat it properly, so he's going to do the job over again. Could the kit have been defective?
  4. hollybegonia

Mystery flushes

Hi. We have three Sterling 1.6 GPF toilets. They're all about 10 years old. One of them recently began to flush mysteriously on its own from time to time. My husband just tried to repair it using a Fluidmaster Universal Complete toilet kit. Unfortunately, we just heard it flush again on...
  5. hollybegonia

Standard height help please NO ADA

TOTO was my first choice, but it appeared that all their HETs were ADA-compliant or universal height. So thanks for the tips, Terry & Gary!
  6. hollybegonia

Standard height help please NO ADA

Hi. I just joined & this is my first post. I'd really like to start a new thread but cannot see how to do that. So here goes: I totally agree w/ctmom2. I'm only 5' tall, so I also HATE!! the ADA/universal height. I'm looking for a decent HET (1.28 GPF or less) in a standard height (roughtly...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks