Search results

1. INTP

Want to make sure I get the right water heater

I made this decision a few days ago and went from a 40 to a 50. I'm glad I did, because we're now able to keep the temperature lower, but still have as much hot water for our showers/baths/etc as we did with the smaller tank and a higher temperature. I feel better with a lower temp given that we...
  2. INTP

Endless debris from water heater

I don't know if this has anything to do with your situation, but about a month ago, I had to shut the water off to fix a hose bib. When I turned it back on, it must have affected the hot water tank, because right after that, rust colored debris started coming out of the hot water lines...
  3. INTP

Perpetual Drain Problem

I have the EXACT same problem (I could have written every word of the original post). The first time I had it cleaned it worked for about a year. The Harbor Freight snake I now use is only good for about 6 months. Either way, it's a chronic problem, so I decided that doing it myself is worth it...
  4. INTP

Recirculation pump removed.

I'm finished with the water heater swap, and I wanted to follow up and thank everyone again for their feedback. As I mentioned above, I left the return line capped at the water heater. The result is that the time it takes to get hot water in the master bath has gone from about 2 minutes to...
  5. INTP

I always feared that the water heater would burst and there would be water everywhere. Well, in this case, the leak was slow, and had apparently been there a while before we noticed it because there is a lot of mildew (no drain pan was installed the last time, but I will be installing one this...
  6. INTP

Again, thanks for the replies. I'm going to try to find the fitting where it returns at the master bath, and if so I'll cap it off at both ends. Otherwise, I'll leave it capped on the water heater end, and NOT modify the water heater drain as the previous installer did.
  7. INTP

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll definitely put in a ball valve. There could be a small leak, but I have recently checked the water meter and there's no sign of flow with all the valves closed. (knock on wood). I'm pretty sure the copper lines are all under the slab and the lines just comes...
  8. INTP

My 40 gal gas hot water heater developed a small leak, so I'll be replacing it today. I looked at the lines and realized that the previous installer did something unusual in hooking it back up, since there used to be a recirculation pump which has since been removed. I'm not sure I want to hook...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks