Search results

1. PistolPete76

Wiring summer switch

Yes i have a red wire behind, but it was not used. I had to extend too for it to reach the furnace. Now it's (green) just to make it more color complicated lol. I will try the wire switch. It's not that much work. with the heat i see what you guys are saying. When I had it running the...
  2. PistolPete76

Wiring summer switch

I only have 3 wires right now. if i manually switch the gass off, the fan will turn on when thermostat is adjusted to heat higher than rm temp. Once on though fan will continue to work even after the temp is adjusted manually to lower heat than rm temp. (strange) Have to shut the breaker off to...
  3. PistolPete76

Wiring summer switch

don't have a manual. it's a 10 year old furnace. It was at my place when i bought it 4 years agon.hmmmm. Thanks for all your help.
  4. PistolPete76

Wiring summer switch

Just tried to run the fan only on heat but no go. The fan will not turn. So far only way i got it to work is on auto with heat (like it's always been, but that's only good for winter) I'll try to move the wire to y terminal later on when i have a minute and see what happens. BTW yes i do have...
  5. PistolPete76

Wiring summer switch

What would have to be changed for that to work?
  6. PistolPete76

Wiring summer switch

I tried that with auto setting, and that didn't work. It only moved the fan when i cranked the heat up (higher than room temp) I never tried with ON all the time (at least that i can remember as i was switching it back and forth). I'll give that a try, though it would be nice to have it to kick...
  7. PistolPete76

Wiring summer switch

Thanks for all replies. The model of thermostat is noma 303M here is the pic for the wiring: I had only 2 wires attached (as in 2 wire diagram) black into RH and white into W I added green wire to G both in the furnace and in the thermostat. I have no AC I tried to run the fan on heat (it...
  8. PistolPete76

Wiring summer switch

Ok I found the G terminal. I attached green cable to G terminal in the furnace, and the other end to G terminal on the thermostat Here is the pic. Still nothing though. My thermostat says that it is working on cool, but the fan does not turn on in the furnace. I tried on and auto option. Any...
  9. PistolPete76

Wiring summer switch

I can't see "G" terminal in the furnace. Any idea by looking at the pics? I have a w-r model 50a50-241 control for my furnace. Where would i attach a wire for low speed or high speed? Would it be on cool, heat, park , or park? Thanks
  10. PistolPete76

Wiring summer switch

I'll check tonight. I'm sure there is something there just not sure if it will be marked as (connect fan wire here) lol I'm fairly handy when it comes to anything, but never messed with furnace before and I don’t want to destroy it by connecting it to the wrong place. (i'm clueless about...
  11. PistolPete76

Wiring summer switch

Thanks for the response. Yes, I meant I want to force the fan on, since my basement is much cooler than my upstairs. This would equalize temp through the house and in turn cool the top floor a bit since i don't have ac. I did find another (red) wire that was hiding in my wall behind the...
  12. PistolPete76

Wiring summer switch

I have a G9T06010UPB13A high efficiency furnace. I would like to wire it for summer switch (I have an options on my thermostat). Problem is there is only 2 wires right now that go to my thermostat. Any idea how I can wire the furnace to use that setting? I can run new wire with ease between...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks