Search results

1. Climber

Dryer Vent Placement

I am moving the laundry room to the basement and need to install a dryer vent. Is it better to vent through the rim joist (wait, this house doesn't have a rim joist, the sheathing is attached directly to to the ends of the floor joists). Is it better to go through the sheathing (exterior is...
  2. Climber

Angie's List

My Two Cents Angie's List or BBB, they both have extreme limitations on what they can tell a consumer. Case in point: I had my roof completely redone; eaves and all, by an, according to bothe these companies, a very reputable roofer. One of the largest roofers in Columbus. Not only could...
  3. Climber

Copper Types - K, L, M?

Anything you ever wanted (or didn't care to) know about copper pipe is located in this pdf handbook: http://www.copper.org/resources/pub_list/pdf/copper_tube_handbook.pdf A great resource!
  4. Climber

Awful sewer gas smell in the baby's room

I'm not going to dispute the inspectors' information they told you, but moisture in a heating duct doesn't sound like it should be there, even if you had a whole-house humidifier it wouldn't be capable of creating that significant an amount of moisture to fog a mirror (unless the mirror was...
  5. Climber

An additional note: as for fighting this issue, don't waste your time with the Better Business Bureau. They are as useless as teats on a boar. Even if you have the best case and win a legally binding arbitration. They are as slow as mud and very pro business. You will get nowhere. Apologies...
  6. Climber

Mycotoxicosis Sorry for the wait in my reply Goldy. The disease I am refering to is mycotoxicosis. It is caused by the ingestion of mold or its spores be it by mouth, skin, or airways. Remember recently the dog food cases where several dogs became sick and died, that is one representation of...
  7. Climber

Copper L vs M

Thanks Gary, Found this link through Terry's page on Replacing Pipes: http://www.copper.org/resources/pub_list/pdf/copper_tube_handbook.pdf It is THE Copper Bible!
  8. Climber

Copper L vs M

My quest for knowledge continues... In the process of completely rerouting and replacing my water lines a question continues to plague my mind (@#&! the voices!) :confused: Should I have used L instead of M? How many thousandths of an inch difference is there between the three schedules of...
  9. Climber

I don't know how to fix your problem but as a medical professional I do know one thing: Do NOT let your baby spend any time in that room! Not only can the sewer smell be lethal if it is methane, but you described a "musty" smell also and if it is MOLD there is a possibility it can KILL, not...
  10. Climber

Compression, Sweat, and Threaded Fitttings: The Pros and Cons

OK, all you guru plumbers...I have found this site and all your advice a great wealth of knowledge indeed! But what are the pros and cons of all these different valve fittings? Why should I choose, or not choose, a compression fitting over a sweated or threaded fixture valve? What happens...
  11. Climber

Sweating Shut-Off Valves

Cass, ummm...I think hj's reply might be a little less expensive...I'll think about it :D
  12. Climber

Sweating Shut-Off Valves

I have a various assortment of 1", 3/4", and 1/2" Ball Valves I am installing in my plumbing project. I can sweat fittings with relative ease, but I would think ball valves would need a different approach because of the teflon seats. I know teflon begins to deteriorate around 450 F and solder...
  13. Climber

Copper Pipe Branching Size

Thank you both very much for the input! I'll use 3/4 going up to the bathrooms. As my dad sometimes tells me, I overengineer things. Also I don't think I'll have problems with using "raw" water for the toilets; the 20 year old toilets that were here when I moved in showed no signs of...
  14. Climber

Copper Pipe Branching Size

I am about to repipe my entire 3 story home with new copper pipe. I plan on coming off the meter with 1 in. pipe (presently 1 in. iron to meter and 3/4 supply at appx. 50 psi). The 2nd and 3rd floor bathrooms will be using the same branch which is seperate from all other branches. Also I plan...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks