Search results

1. Tekmar1

60 year old cast iron sectional set of radiation alarms at the scrap yard?????

Changed out a sunnyday Model A boiler (60 years old). Was taking the cast sections to the scrap yard and while I was going through the scales the radiation alarms started to go off. They would not take it, so I took it to another scrap yard that has no detectors. lol, Does anybody understand...
  2. Tekmar1

Question for Plumbers/gasfitters.Work related

I was just wondering if any other plumbers out there feel the way I do about the job.I have been plumbing/gasfitting now for 11 years(Service work only),and I can't stand my job anymore.Now I should say that I work on average about 45-65 hous a week depending on the work that week.I tried to cut...
  3. Tekmar1

Where to find parts for discontinued moen faucets??

Called the number,sent them a picture of the part I need and they are mailing me the part.Thanks again. P.S.-I was thinking of just replacing the faucet but there is wainscotting on the wall. OOPS...double post.
  4. Tekmar1

Parts found.I called the moen number Terry gave me,sent them a picture and they have mailed the parts.Thanks guys.
  5. Tekmar1

Hoping to find a place that maybe still have parts.
  6. Tekmar1

HWT problem

I did check the chimney and it is all clear.I have had a HWT before that was 12 years old before it busted,and never had a problem. I am worried that if I replace the HWT this problem will happen again,because I am not sure what caused it.
  7. Tekmar1

HWT problem

40 gallon Bradford white natural gas HWT has a bunch of white powder like substance all around burner.What is this stuff ? and what causes this? The tank is 6 years old and the main burner on start up shoots flames out the front.Should I replace this tank?
  8. Tekmar1

Continuous hammering noise

If you have Honeywell zone valves and they are installed backwards they will make a clunking noise when there is a heat demand.
  9. Tekmar1

Bolier go's on & Off ? ? ?

One other option maybe.Your boiler is oversized.
  10. Tekmar1

Forced Hot Water: Pipe is hot then goes cold

Possible causes: -Air lock -Boiler pressure -Separated impellor on circulator. -Very rare{Partially plugged line}
  11. Tekmar1

American Standard Champion toilet Review and comments. Rated #1 by Consumer Reports

One word "GARBAGE".Installed 3 of these toilets for a customer a year ago.{purchased from Wolsely wholesale in Canada} and have since had to replace the flushvalves 5 times.I had A.S. send me a box of 6 as spare parts because nobody stocks any parts for these pieces of garbage. P.S.-The...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks