Search results

1. davidnoss

Water softener Controller Bangs/Sloshes when well Shuts off

Here is the way the system is plumbed now. I put the softener and water heater in (heater was in a different location before). We decided we didn't want to mess with the removing the T from the 1" PVC feed, so we left it in and broke the copper T to an elbow which just feeds the outside...
  2. davidnoss

The system purrs like a kitten now, so it must have been the original plumbing. I even removed the hammer arrestor, which pretty much didn't do anything anyway. The system was always noisy when it shut off due to vibration. Not sure why it took 3 weeks for the sloshing to become apparent. Not...
  3. davidnoss

The well guy just left (a very nice and competent man). The well and check valves are fine. He noticed the original installer had put a T in the 1" PVC feed from the well BEFORE the pressure tank to feed the house instead of coming off of the opposite side of the T pipe that fits on the...
  4. davidnoss

Well, perhaps I should have said, "I don't UNDERSTAND his conclusion" rather than I don't "agree." I didn't understand/believe I would offend anyone. Assuming the check valve on the submersible pump is bad, what would be a reasonable/average/typical cost to have someone come out and repair that?
  5. davidnoss

My new water treatment system has been in for several weeks and was working great. Then, about three weeks in, there is a hammering/sloshing sound coming from the very top of the blue tank near or in the controller head. This first started happening when the well pump shut off. Then the past...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks