Search results

1. Btrandum

1950s American Standard Shower Mixer Valve leaking

Hi Kelly, I still haven't rebuilt mine, but here's an idea for you. Do you see the threaded post that extends from the valve seat on one side and bumps against the housing? It may be too long, so when you move the temperature arm it is stopped by that post before it moves far enough to turn...
  2. Btrandum

Thanks Chad. I'll contact them. The trim is in very good condition, so if I can rebuild my plan is to keep it, but if not, you're the man.
  3. Btrandum

Need help identifying American Standard Shower Mixer Valve First time poster. I have a leaking shower mixer valve. I've posted three photos. The valve seats are shown in the first photo, I don't have a tool to dress the seats, and unless advised otherwise I'd try to do it with a grinding...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks