Search results

1. jkhome

Installing a hose bib inside a room without a floor drain.

Thanks. I will only have a cold water supply available, and plan on using a spare Woodford model 17 with the vacuum breaker I have already (we use these on all the outside bibs. We have had the tub in this room since 2005, and have always ran a hose to the tub from an outside bib. An ongoing...
  2. jkhome

Installing a hose bib inside a room without a floor drain.

We have a hot tub in a small 3 season porch that is on the same slab foundation as the main house. I would like to install a hose bib water supply inside this room, to be used to fill the tub. But there is no floor drain. Would this be a code violation? Live in Virginia Beach Virginia. Thanks, John
  3. jkhome

Kitchen Island rough-in

Last comment on this thread. I had the rough-in inspection today, and the modified foot vent (along with everything else) passed with flying colors. The inspector did mention a "one pipe solution", I voiced my concern with AAVs, and he agreed. So a final thanks to all who helped, have a happy...
  4. jkhome

Kitchen Island rough-in

Thanks. I plan on adding some temporary wooden bracing to strap the pipes secure on the island end, wanted to get in a photo first.
  5. jkhome

Kitchen Island rough-in

Have a Happy Holiday :^)
  6. jkhome

Kitchen Island rough-in

LOL, you aren't the only one lost. Thanks, I'll pipe it like I'm supposed to.
  7. jkhome

Kitchen Island rough-in

One last newbie question. Even though, using the above loop setup, one normally wouldn’t tie the vent and drain line together back at the wall, should I do this anyway to incorporate the wall cleanout, because of the fact that I will still have 135 degrees of turns going into the drain? So...
  8. jkhome

Kitchen Island rough-in

Excellent, thanks for the help. This should work for me.
  9. jkhome

Kitchen Island rough-in

Thank Shacko. So the foot vent I threw together looks good?
  10. jkhome

Kitchen Island rough-in

How about that? Drain on the front el, tied up top to vent/loop on the back el (the spacing between the two els will be wider on the finished job). Should I go 2" on the vent pipe all the way to the cleanout on the wall, or can I reduce down to 1-1/2 at the wye outlet, and change everything...
  11. jkhome

Kitchen Island rough-in

Thanks HJ. I"ll pick up the fittings and post a pic of a dry fit, to show if I'm on the right track.
  12. jkhome

Kitchen Island rough-in

Well you could give me a hint :^), but nevertheless, my local inspector has cleared me using a Studor. Believe you/me, I would rather do the loop. Knowing my luck, the AAV will fail on Thankgiving day, right when the bird comes out of the oven. But if the drain starts out at 9-1/2" below the...
  13. jkhome

Kitchen Island rough-in

Hey folks, I have a couple of questions on how to rough-in a kitchen island. As you can see in the photo above, I have already roughed in a wall sink. We want to now relocate this sink to the island (thus the trench). I would like to leave the stack and cleanout at the present location (just...
  14. jkhome

Jacuzzi Water Rainbow fill spout and valves

Thanks HJ. Given the cost of the spout, and the absence of any real opinions about this product on the web (other than "ad copy"), think I will op for a standard facet setup mounted on the front "feet-end" corner of the tub. Here's another question: I have ran 3/4" copper to the location of the...
  15. jkhome

Thanks. What would be your first and second choice for the valves, if I use the Jaz spout? Also, is it OK to have a little distance between spout and valves? I want to mount the spout on the center back of the tub, but place the valves on the back RH corner of the tub. This way they will be...
  16. jkhome

Anyone have any good/bad input on these? I am installing a 6' jacuzzi jetted tub, and want to either use this on the tub or match up to the other bathroom fixture with a Kohler tub spout/valves. Thanks John K.
  17. jkhome

Rough-in hand held layout/height

Thanks hj. That’s a good idea about running 3/4 to the loop, and something I can change fairly easily. I'll do a 3/4" tee with reducers on the top and bottom. The above layout/pipe sizing was suggested to me by a Grohe phone tech rep. Instead reducing in the loop does make more sense. Edit: new...
  18. jkhome

Hey Jim. The hose is around 68" long, part of a Relexa 28917 handshower set. Guess I could guessimate, but was looking for the input from the guys who do it daily.
  19. jkhome

Hey folks. I'm in the process of roughing in a custom shower for our new master bathroom. It's going to be a "his and/or hers shower, in that on one side, I'm using a Kohler thermo valve w/ 2 volume control valves, feeding a Grohe wall mount and 4 body sprays. On the other side of the shower...
  20. jkhome

Trimming out a fiberglass combo shwr/tub

Thanks John That should look much better, and hopefully a rookie like me can manage laying a tile border.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks