Search results

1. drx006

Basement XPS insulation gaps

Thanks again. Sure glad I posted here! This has been very educational and extremely helpful!
  2. drx006

Ok thanks. My wife will be glad to hear that. She wants to leave it as it is and seal with Mastic. So the 2 inch deep space doesn't factor in the cubic inches calculation? Just the 1/8 inch gap width x 8 foot height? It's amazing the detail that needs to be addressed rather than just...
  3. drx006

I really appreciate you taking the time to answer all my questions? Do you think the benefit/cost of taking down the panels to seal the foams gaps(I have 33 gaps total) is worth any benefit gained or do you think I should just seal the OSB with the fiber mastic you suggested earlier? If it was...
  4. drx006

Thanks for the info on the Great Stuff isocyanates. That makes me rethink using it alittle. If I decide to go with the Backerseal, does it matter that it is open cell foam between closed cell XPS foam. I read that open cell foam is more susceptible to moisture.
  5. drx006

PRODUCT NAME : GREAT STUFF (TM) PRO Window and Door Gun Foam Sealant 20 OZ HC MATERIAL TYPE : One component system ISSUE DATE : 07/19/2007 REVISION DATE : 05/09/2007 2) COMPOSITION/INFORMATION ON INGREDIENTS Ingredient CAS Number % Prepolymer of MDI and mixture 40-70, 60-100% Polyether...
  6. drx006

One more question. If I decided to take down some of the panels to fill the gaps could something like this work? http://www.emseal.com/products/Architectural/Backerseal/Backerseal.htm Or maybe cutting strips of 2 inch thick XPS to stuff in the gaps and then covering it with the fiber mastic...
  7. drx006

Thanks for all your help.
  8. drx006

Can I use the mastic to seal the tops and bottoms of the XPS as well instead of using sprayfoam?
  9. drx006

Is there a recommended mastic for OSB? Should I use fiber reinforcement tape with the mastic?
  10. drx006

Thanks. I was planning on using 4x8 sheets of 1/4 inch paneling. Would that be ok if I staggered the seams over the mastic sealed seams of the OSB.
  11. drx006

Thanks for you help! It is below grade on an interior walkout blockwall foundation that is eight feet tall. Foundation is concrete block (8 inch) with full bricks mortared on the exterior. The panels are 2 inch of XPS and about 1/2 inch of osb with shiplaped edge on the osb. It is actually...
  12. drx006

Hi I have these panels of XPS covered with OSB. The OSB is shiplaped and is a very tight fit. However the xps behind it has 1/8th gaps at the seams. Is it necessary to fill these seams if the OSB is tightly sealed over the seams. Here are some pictures.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks