Search results

1. kevincw01

suddenly bad taste - fleck 5600sxt

Hi, I put in a 30k water softener a couple months ago and all was good until recently when the water started tasting "swampy". My wife and I did a taste test and the unsoftened hose water doesn't seem to have the swamp smell. I checked the brine tank thinking it was out of salt and there was...
  2. kevincw01

sink sewer gas with p trap

Bought a house a 6 months ago and noticed that 1 of the bathroom's sink emits sewer gas odor when we use the sink. There is a p-trap installed and it appears to be installed correctly but i took a photo to show the experts. I have noticed that if we're gone for the weekend and then use the...
  3. kevincw01

new fleck 5600sxt with periodic red water

Just bought a new fleck 5600sxt. I installed in on sunday and the installation instruction say to expect the first 40-50 gallons will be light red and then it will run clear. It did this and ran clear as expected. The water is soft as expected. However, whenever I use a faucet after being...
  4. kevincw01

high voltage power distribution question

My neighborhood has a power substation attached too it and there are some very large poles that carry the power to/from from the substation. Each pole has 3 physically separated wires (like this http://imgur.com/uIuUv.jpg ) The other day we had a storm that knocked down a bunch of these...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks