Search results

1. Chestnuts

Need suggestions for good toilet seat......

Alright, no need for beating around the bush here, I broke the toilet seat this morning. I put it on new only 5 weeks ago. The last one lasted 4 years. I need a seat that will be able to handle 375 lbs as I am a large person. I did not buy the cheapest seat, but I did not buy the most...
  2. Chestnuts

Need suggestions

Here is what I did in my kitchen remodel almost 2 years ago. I installed an outlet in the cabinet above the sink. I then had each outlet wired to be controlled by a different switch. You can see the switches to the right of the sink. On outlet controls the floursecent light above the sink...
  3. Chestnuts

Silestone install problem/question

I remodeled my kitchen almost 2 years ago. I had buddy help me install all the cabinets - base and wall. I told my wife that I would have the countertop professionally installed just in case of a screw up. First they ordered the wrong edge on the countertop for another customer with the same...
  4. Chestnuts

Which is better???

Just remember that the Celotex is only there because that wall USED to be the outside of the house. When this room was enclosed, they put stucco over the top of the siding. I have taken the stucco and the original siding off. If I removed the Celotex, I would have a couple of issues (notice...
  5. Chestnuts

Which is better???

Ok, as some of you might know, I have been remodeling a back room of my house. So far I have been able to get some sheetrock up on the ceiling and one wall. I used 1/2" sheetrock on the ceiling and the wall because the wall is an interior wall and had Celotex already on it. Now my question...
  6. Chestnuts

Circuit Breaker Trips same time every night

My experience at work........ When is sunrise where you live?? A problem the company where I worked had is that when the building outside lights shut off in the morning, it would trip the breaker. These lights were on a sensor to turn on at dusk and off at dawn. We had the breaker replaced...
  7. Chestnuts

What is the name of the tool??

The Reason for the specialty tool..... The reason a specialty tool is needed is because I am trying to twist 4 wires together. The reason I am doing that?? Because of the idiots that wired my garage before I bought my house. I had an outlet quit working. When I went to replace the outlet I...
  8. Chestnuts

Finally found what I was looking for on an auction site :rolleyes: ....
  9. Chestnuts

An buddy of mine is an electrican and had most of his tools handed down to him. He has a tool that will twist 2+ wires together, but he has never known the exact name of the tool. You put the wires in one end and then spin the handle to twist the wires together before you put on a wire nut...
  10. Chestnuts

What to do?????

Yes, I knew the obvious answer was to replace the door, I was just not wanting to have to go that far. After removing the old door, I found a rotting 2X4 next to the frame. We cut out the board and installed a new one that had been treated with watersealer. Then we installed a new prehung...
  11. Chestnuts

What to do?????

More on the back door...... Here is what the previous onwer did to try to stop someone from kicking in the door. A bar with a 3" lag screw. He also placed the metal screen over the window so no one could break the glass, reach in and unlock the door.
  12. Chestnuts

What to do?????

We decided to remodel a back room of our house. It appears to been a room added to the back of the house years ago. We found the original siding beneath sheetrock. It has always been hot during th esummer and cold during the winter. WE found alot of gaps in the wood and siding. We also...
  13. Chestnuts

Kitchen Remodel - No previous dishwasher

Shoot, the dishwasher does not have to be close to the sink. Look how mine was hooked up. They are across the room from each other.
  14. Chestnuts

Plumbing question for remodeling

Then I must have ended up lucky, I guess. I found out this valve by my hot water heater is coming from the water main. It shuts of water to the whole house. The pipe behind the valve is the hot water supply to the house. And the pipe in front of the valve is the gas supply to the...
  15. Chestnuts

I installed the white 2" PVC going thru the floor. It was my January 1, 2006 emergency project. They had actually used lead pipe bent into an S going from the black T to the sewer pipe. The S pipe clogged and burst at one of the bends. I took the opportunity to replace the remaining cast...
  16. Chestnuts

What the???? I have to remove the sheet rock off the walls so that I can have the electrical outlets wired correctly (GFCI). Here's what it looked like before starting: Here's what I found: Right side of frame: Vent pipe side: If you look closely, they cut almost...
  17. Chestnuts

I plan on starting this project tomorrow afternoon. Question I have is this: is the hot water lines a closed pressurized system?? Meaning that if I shut off the in coming line to the water heater and would open a faucet, no water would come out because there is no pressure into the tank and...
  18. Chestnuts

I intend on installing 2 GFI circuits. One for the dishwasher and one for the garbage disposal. I was going to put both outlets below the countertop since each is supposed to have it's own circuit. Although I was thinking of placing the switch for the disposal above the counter.
  19. Chestnuts

Alas, I am back. I know, I know....OH NO, Here we go again say some of you! But not true. I am finally going to remodel and put the dishwasher over by the sink like it should where been built. I have some plumbing questions --dealing with supply lines and not drain lines. The far right...
  20. Chestnuts

What is it?????

not paper cups. They are in plastic. I cannot get to the screws that they are mounted with. I think they were mounted then the bulbs were put in.... Anyway, I was going to put sheet rock on that wall above the shelves and noticed them. need to remove them before continuing......
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks