Search results

1. Got_Nailed

Missing reply?

I know I replied to a post yesterday and went back to find it but I can’t. I did do a search on my user name and nothing showed up. I know it went through because master plumber replied after mine. Hmm I must of jumped off my log…mis
  2. Got_Nailed

I need help!!!

I haven’t been around much because I’m now on my 8th week of being a full time plumber. Right now I’m a one man show unless you count my wife who just hands me stuff and dose all the paper work. I need a helper bad. This week 2 - 40 gallon rheem electric 1 - Broken pipe in a...
  3. Got_Nailed

Update on cutting a telephone wire.

This was the post. https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15381 They ended up buying the right away and my expenses for $43,000. The right away $25,000, lawyer cost was 10,000, and $8,000 to move a fence 12’ to satisfy my need of not having any of there wire inside my fence or need...
  4. Got_Nailed

Home owners changing there mind.

I have to finish out a house next week and the homeowners had a “plumber†come in and look at the house. 1- They don’t like that the house has (2) 2†vents in the roof. The plumber is telling them that I should have done it in one vent. 2- The plumber has talked them in to saving...
  5. Got_Nailed

Hit a phone line and need help.

I was putting up a fence on Monday and I hit a telephone feeder cable. I called Miss Utilities and they had marked out where the line was so they thought. I was 5 feet from there marks. There was no tape or anything else to let me know that I was going to hit something. You can clearly see...
  6. Got_Nailed

Help picking a WC.

I’m working with a home owner with a remodel and they want an old (pre water efficient WC). I have told him that I can’t install one but that’s all he wants but will settle with a new 2 peace. He told me that anything I suggest he will goggle. He doesn’t like anything that I...
  7. Got_Nailed

Bad night at work

Well I went out to do a work on a house last night and I get there and the fist thing I notice is there is no meter in the can. Hmm I work mostly at night and the GC knows this. So I think I’ll just pop off the face of the panel and hot wire me an outlet. Well I get out a light and I...
  8. Got_Nailed

How to tell if you posted in this thread.

I would like to have something to show me if I had posted in a post. Like other sites have a check mark on the envelope if you have replied to it.
  9. Got_Nailed

Starting up a septic system

I have a new house for about a year and have never been lived in. i have been out there 2 times a week for a few hours. The septic system is 2 tanks with 6 dry wells / sewage pits. . The 2 tanks are 3000 gallon main tank and a 1000 gallon second tank. The 3000 gallon tank feeds into...
  10. Got_Nailed

Pumping large amounts of well water

In a few months I will need to pump about 600 gallons of water out of my well. This well is 400 feet deep with a water level at 200 feet. The pump is 2hp and is set at about 300 feet. I was told when the well was drilled that the recovery rate was 25 gpm +. I have 2 80 gallon pressure...
  11. Got_Nailed

I need a better thermostat

I have a large 2 story house. Both floors have train HVAC systems there about 9 months old. I have a 500 gallon wood boiler that I would like to use for heat. I did have the heat exchangers installed when they installed my systems. As far as the controls I’m running 2 thermostats...
  12. Got_Nailed

Water table / pump question.

My parents have a 200 foot well. When it was drilled it was over flowing with water. They installed 80’ of what looks to be 12†cast iron. Two years ago I had to replace the pump. They had the pump sitting at 55’ and the water table had dropped and burnt out the pump. I replaced...
  13. Got_Nailed

Water softener question.

My grandmother’s house has a softener and she went to the hospital. We do not see anyone living in the house for about a year. I’m planning on stopping in 2 or 3 times a week but I don’t see running the softener with the lack of water that will be used. I’m planning on a shower from...
  14. Got_Nailed

Water heater theory.

My parents have a new electric 55 gallon hot water heater made by State Select (I think). The house has well water and the temp of the water is normal about 45*F. Everyone in the house likes long hot hot showers. When I installed it I only turned up the thermostats a little. When we were...
  15. Got_Nailed

Septic tank design help

I’m about to build a house in the next year. I have the plans, the property, have talked with 3 general contractors, and talked to the local building office. The one thing I have not decided was how to run the septic. The house will be about 1600 vertical feet from where it will be flat...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks