Search results

1. Got_Nailed

Thank you

I have a pic of when I shot my boss in the hip with a 12 gage nail through a sheet of plywood. Well I don’t think that would be a good pic; let’s drop that thought it was a long time ago. But I do like that pic krow. You (Terry) did a good job adding that.
  2. Got_Nailed

Missing reply?

I didn’t know that it was canned. I do see your point on the canning.
  3. Got_Nailed

Missing reply?

I know I replied to a post yesterday and went back to find it but I can’t. I did do a search on my user name and nothing showed up. I know it went through because master plumber replied after mine. Hmm I must of jumped off my log…mis
  4. Got_Nailed

Overflow gasket problem

I have a few different thicknesses of neapream (spelling) in my truck for stuff like that. Silicone might work but that comes down to the surface on the back on the tub. If there is no room at the bottom you will not be able to get a seal with the silicone. It might be time to cut out a...
  5. Got_Nailed

Water Hammer Arrestors

Any arrester will fill with water if there is not a piston so if you do have a problem you’ll have to drain your lines so they will work again. This has been talked about a lot but there is a good pic of what I’m talking about on this post. https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18603
  6. Got_Nailed

Septic gas belching past full p-traps/ Septic tank drainfield failing? Venting issue?

I do know that in some parts of PA that you have to have a dedicated septic vent that can tie in into other vents but only in the roof. With concrete floors and a finished house you would need to go out side and run it up the house (this is an off the wall I just woke up thought). As far as...
  7. Got_Nailed

What's wrong with this installation?

I always sleeve with 6†PVC run the 4†though it and use silicone about 1†deep on the out side pack it full of fiberglass and fill go with another 1†of silicone. I did have one home owner ask about it leaking and I told him that it should never leak. I also explained how I did it and...
  8. Got_Nailed

Mainline Fullport Backwater Valve Question

Rent a chain cutter if you can get behind the hub on the cast iron. If not last time I had to do it I ended up getting out my welding leathers, a brazing helmet, and my brazing torch. You will need plenty of ventilation with some fans pulling the air out. I hope I never have to that again...
  9. Got_Nailed

What's wrong with this installation?

I would say something about the clean out and the reducer. As far as that wire it looks like dirty yellow romex (spelling). It needs it’s own sleeve of some sort. With out getting a better look at the cable I’m 100% sure that cable is not a direct bury. I know you said the wires...
  10. Got_Nailed

New softener makes every day a bad hair day

I always had problems with the feel of my skin and the feel of my hair when I was at my grand mothers because of her water softener. You need to try a few different shampoos and soaps. I don’t see many water softeners where I’m at and don’t know much about them. But could the settings...
  11. Got_Nailed

Mainline Fullport Backwater Valve Question

I’m thinking kind of on the lines of HJ. Everything I replaced would be 4â€. I would keep the 4†for at least 4’ (if possible) after the backflow valve then go down to 3â€. Make sure you put in a clean out after the valve. I would consider running the new 4†out side of the house a few...
  12. Got_Nailed

Self-Employed Insurance

I like my word better. That way I can look at a web site and copy some of the info off of it and look smart every now and then. But I could do it in the text box. i don't see the ABC
  13. Got_Nailed

under slab sewer replacement

Why not cut the slab? But the tunnel would be a cool way to die. Hey my dad died when the slab fell on him. We all just tossed the flowers in the bath room where he was crushed.
  14. Got_Nailed

Stupid question #158 from me…

I would pull a second feeder to the heater and add the needed breaker, and add the proper disconnects if needed in your city. You would have to label the heater as if it has 2 inputs for power. As far as how to wire the unit it self. Pull the wires out of the top thermostat and wire nut...
  15. Got_Nailed

Choosing a water hammer arrester

If you’re just going to use an air chamber then just get some pipe a T and an end cap and make your own. The longer the chamber the better you will be. In a few weeks when it shows up again you will not have wasted a lot of money. But if you don’t mind draining your pipes all the way down...
  16. Got_Nailed

Self-Employed Insurance

I do all my writing in Word and cut and copy to the form. This way most of the words are spelled right even if it’s not the word I wanted.
  17. Got_Nailed

Self-Employed Insurance

“Self employed� I think that’s what I do because I own / run my own business that makes more then it spends. My wife thinks she is self employed but she’s still in the start up and is about a month away form the break even point. IMO when she breaks even then she’s self employed...
  18. Got_Nailed

Self-Employed Insurance

If you look at the cost of good health care on your own your looking to be paying $300 a month for one person. A lot of companies pay up to 1/2 of the cost and people are paying $150 a month for good knows what.
  19. Got_Nailed

Self-Employed Insurance

I’m using Anthon Blue cross blue shield through the Farm Barrow. It’s $1,300 (3 months) for me, wife, and her 5 year old. I have a secondary policy thought State Farm for $120 month. I still have my Aflac accident witch is $24.10 a month. I did do a lot of reading on how primary and...
  20. Got_Nailed

Bonding ground rod to water pipe to nuetral bus

If you have already met your earthling (grounding) requirements then I think you could if… Call it bonding the water lines. The ground rod wire would have to be one peace. I would think it would have to be in a box but I don’t know. You could use a ground rod clam and clamp it to the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks