Search results

1. Technophile

Looking to pull 1” poly pipe through soil.

Just a safety reminder to anyone unfamiliar with what happens when a heavily loaded cable breaks: it acts like a spring, as does anything else temporarily bowed by the force (e.g. a beam a pulley is attached to; truck or excavator tires). It will briefly continue applying the breaking...
  2. Technophile

Black Poly Pipe: How long does it last?

I appreciate the tip about expansion. It's a cold water line 2..6' (or more) down so I'm not expecting too much change in temperature, but some will occur. The outer pipe would expand some too. Shared project; running 3..4 lines in it, depending on what a neighbor decides. Probably going to...
  3. Technophile

Is PEX-A tubing easily straightened?

One thought is to cover the roll with black plastic to both absorb more sunlight and block the UV. Scott
  4. Technophile

Hydronic heating. When should the pumps run?

Hello! We have a hydronic heating system that appears (to my admittedly inexperienced eyes) to have some design and installation errors (no filter, expansion tanks undersized and upside down, air eliminator in the heating return instead of between the boiler and circ pump, ...). I would...
  5. Technophile

Well Bladder Tank Fills Slowly

That seems like a misunderstanding to me. What I would expect: As the accumulator pressure increases the pump has to work harder to push water into it, so amps will increase by some amount. What the drop in current reminds me of: we had a slow well. Pumping water took around 6A, but when the...
  6. Technophile

Well Bladder Tank Fills Slowly

I am curious as to why they thought you should not add one there. Perhaps leaks, or where the water goes after it comes out of the tap were a concern? Traffic into the well-house, people tripping on pipes? I would not make it available for general use. If the well top is subject to freezing...
  7. Technophile

Grundfos Pump Protector

Replaces the control box? Very confusing diagram. My, that IS a cryptic manual. The MP-204 looks like it is designed to be part of an industrial control system AND work with external parts. This allows detailed monitoring and more flexibility in an industrial setting, where a pump failure...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks