Search results

1. TWG1572

Reddish Substance in Well Water - Help Identify

So after looking at it again this morning, I realized I might not have answered your question. I have 1" main that goes to the hot/cold split. Whoever installed my current softener into that main line used 3/4 reducers to fit it in. So I'm thinking at this point the 1" 5810 would be the way...
  2. TWG1572

The water line coming from the well is copper and has a 1.1" OD. I have 1" PVC from the pressure tank to the softener, then to the water heater. I have 3/4 inch line coming out of the water heater, and the cold line is also 3/4.
  3. TWG1572

Fingers crossed, and barring any unexpected appliance blowups, I'm going to try and get the water softener changed this spring. I've been doing some reading and was hoping to nail down what I'm looking for. I have 1" PVC into and out of the softener. Does that mean the Fleck 5810 is the...
  4. TWG1572

Entertainingly enough, while google searching for IRB and iron in water symptoms, I found an old thread I had on here in 2012. Apparently I'd asked about the red silt/clay/iron once before. I completely forgot about that thread - guess having kids will do that to you! Anyway, it does look...
  5. TWG1572

Sounds good. It's on my home computer, so I'll get it posted up tonight. The house was built in 2001. From what I can tell, I have copper pipe coming out of the floor from the well which goes into the pressure tank. What I can see of the house piping is PVC, but that's the underfloor stuff...
  6. TWG1572

I'm going to throw something else in here which may or may not be a red herring, but I just thought of it as I was typing my other comment so I thought I'd at least get it out there. I have no idea if it's useful or not. When we bought the place, there were red stains in the toilet tanks and...
  7. TWG1572

I'd wondered about that. I just don't see any of the symptoms of iron bacteria in our water. It tastes good, doesn't smell, and I don't have the filament-like sediment in the toilet tanks. But I don't know if that's a conclusive diagnosis or not. Or if there's a good way to tell.
  8. TWG1572

The water is not cloudy at all. I didn't get a turbidity test because I didn't think about it. I probably should at some point. PH is 7.77 Iron is less than .010 What started this all was that I was thinking about adding another housing in series, then going with a 25 and a 1 micron filter...
  9. TWG1572

Hello - I'd appreciate any help people could provide in identifying what I've got going on in my well. We've owned the house six years, and have experienced this the whole time. I've attached a picture - but there is a reddish substance that shows up on our fixtures. I know the first reaction...
  10. TWG1572

Big Blue Filter Recommendations

Hello! I just wanted to see what feedback on my well water color/sediment may be. In another discussion in the water softener forum, I had mentioned that I was getting rusty staining in some of my fixtures, but no iron was present in a water test. One recommendation was to go to a 5005...
  11. TWG1572

Water Test - Iron Symptoms but no Iron

So.. just because sarcasm doesn't always come off on forums I feel the need to clarify that I've got no issues with paying plumbers double time on the weekend - I'd charge it if I was them. It was more of a smart comment about my bad luck. Sorry if anyone took it to mean anything else...
  12. TWG1572

That certainly makes sense. The one question in my mind is if Iron Out would drive the dirt back in solution? And speak of the devil... I did buy one of the Pentek 50/5 filters for my next change out. It's sitting on the shelf downstairs - maybe I'll just swap it over sooner and see what...
  13. TWG1572

Just an update. I did leave a glass of water out all night 12+ hours. No brown stuff. I'll be gone over the weekend, so I figure I'll let it keep sitting and see what the prognosis is on Monday night. Gary - I took a quick peak at your website and will dive in deeper next week after the...
  14. TWG1572

Will do. I'll report back tomorrow. Thanks!
  15. TWG1572

I have not, but the thought did cross my mind for some random reason. Water tastes fine though and does run out clear. I've been filling a lot of 5 white gallon buckets to water plant in the last week and I haven't noticed any cloudyness, color, etc. As of now, we've only done the set of...
  16. TWG1572

Hello! Hopefully I'm not straying too far from the purpose of this forum. In a round about way, it does involve my softner. We have had what I had considered what might be signs of clear water iron in our new house. Water that sat for a while seemed to turn brown. For example, the water...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks