Search results

1. JQ

Slow pressure leak -- backflow problem

Background: Just put in a new well pump (Goulds 10GS10, 220 foot well, ~120 ft static head). After things settled out I have now noticed a slow pressure leak -- tank pressure drops down over an hour or so triggering pump. I shut off house side and confirmed it is back leaking into the well...
  2. JQ

New well pump runs at slightly high Amps.

Just put in a new well pump (Goulds 10GS10). I know it is slightly oversized (220 foot well, ~100+ ft static head) and I am already planning on adding CSV, etc. to modulate flow. But in the meanwhile, I noted that the brand new pump is drawing ~9.1-9.2 amps. This is right at its SFA rating...
  3. JQ

Failing well pump, or somthing else?

I have a well experiencing some pressure issues under load. Once triggered by the pressure switch, the pump seems to run about 20 seconds or so and then shuts off of its own accord. Checked pressure switch and it is kicking in and out properly at 30/50 PSI. What happens is: Switch triggers...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks