Search results

1. JQ

Slow pressure leak -- backflow problem

I wanted to report back for the sake of anyone else perusing this thread. The installer sent a someone out. He confirmed the leak, dripping at the pitless was fairly obviously with a bright enough light. So he pulled the coupling and replace the o-ring. Interesting aside, the pitless was...
  2. JQ

Really appreciate the feedback. Got them coming back to look it. Meanwhile I talked to the installer on the phone - he immediately thought of the Pit-less and told me to go listen to the well. As he predicted, I can hear the faint "tinkle" of a slow leak dripping into the well when the tank is...
  3. JQ

LLigetfa -- Good point on leaks. It occurred to me that maybe they didn't seat the pitless right or something, but I suppose the system could be leaking anywhere along the tube or even at the new fitting on the pump. FYI, it's a modern bladder tank, so the valve is (as far as I can tell) a...
  4. JQ

Background: Just put in a new well pump (Goulds 10GS10, 220 foot well, ~120 ft static head). After things settled out I have now noticed a slow pressure leak -- tank pressure drops down over an hour or so triggering pump. I shut off house side and confirmed it is back leaking into the well...
  5. JQ

New well pump runs at slightly high Amps.

Thanks. Looks like the new centropro motor SFA is down at 9.1 in the manual, I wonder if they short you a few % of baseline HP and then make it up in service factor... I hear you, thanks for the feedback. By the way, in an unrelated question -- you have any opinions on ABS vs. Cast Iron...
  6. JQ

New well pump runs at slightly high Amps.

Just put in a new well pump (Goulds 10GS10). I know it is slightly oversized (220 foot well, ~100+ ft static head) and I am already planning on adding CSV, etc. to modulate flow. But in the meanwhile, I noted that the brand new pump is drawing ~9.1-9.2 amps. This is right at its SFA rating...
  7. JQ

Failing well pump, or somthing else?

Thanks for post. I finally ID'd three local guys that deal with them, but only one was comfortable talking about using them in a residential application rather than just in irrigation systems. I'm still contemplating putting in a new Goulds and going CSV right now. I also just learned that...
  8. JQ

I've been checking with contractors on pumps. Any opinions about best brands to pair with a CSV? As I said, I'm pulling out a Goulds which seemed fine to me. But several contractors are saying Goulds "isn't what they used to be" and pushing Berkeley/Sta-Rite. Maybe because that is what they...
  9. JQ

Light bulb is on now, thanks for the link. So the system does incorporate the pressure tank initially, but makes it irrelevant when the water keeps running. If the flow does exceeds the pump capacity, then obviously the pressure will eventually drop down to whatever the pump can actually...
  10. JQ

Csv Thanks, yeah, I've been investigating that. I followed your various threads here, and looked elsewhere to follow up. I get the concept, and I'm already mostly sold. I understand the CSV wouldn't care, but it seems to me that going too high in capacity would put my well tubing under...
  11. JQ

Hey, thanks for the quick response. Quick and to the point. I went back with some better electronics tools and I guess I've confirmed what you are saying. First I double checked that there is no voltage across the closed p-switch when the pump cycles off. Then I snapped an ammeter...
  12. JQ

I have a well experiencing some pressure issues under load. Once triggered by the pressure switch, the pump seems to run about 20 seconds or so and then shuts off of its own accord. Checked pressure switch and it is kicking in and out properly at 30/50 PSI. What happens is: Switch triggers...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks