Search results

1. rickard681

Threaded joint on PVC pipe leaks

Thanks, but very little chance of splitting the port open. The female port is in/through the wall of the cartridge filter. In order to 'split', it would have to crack the entire housing... not likely since the PVC elbow is MUCH softer than the filter housing! Jimbo - I concur. It may be the...
  2. rickard681

Thanks all for your insight/suggestions. I wrote to Hayward tech support and their answer was to use 2-3 wraps of Teflon tape and cover with silicone sealant. I am going to try that.
  3. rickard681

Unfortunately, no. The femal threads are all in the body of the filter. Thicker and deeper than the threads on the male elbow. The male PVC elbow threads into the body of the filter approximately 3/4 of the way. Great idea though. I would hate to use something permanent on the filter body -...
  4. rickard681

Unfortunately the female threads are in the filter body itself. There is no way to alter all the piping to fit other than the fittings I am using. (filter, heater Lectranator and heater bypass are all on the same pump outlet line .. in series to the pool. Not a lot of choices. I used a digital...
  5. rickard681

First I tried screwing in the elbow and tightening about ¾ turn after hand tight. It leaked. Then I tried tape. It leaked. Then I tried paste. It leaked. Then I replaced the male elbow and did it all over again (tape then paste). It leaked each time. Finally, I tried tape and then paste and...
  6. rickard681

The threaded PVC joint on my pool filter leaks with tape or paste. I have a 1 1/2" PVC threaded elbow into the pool filter (also of 'plastic' case) that leaks whether I use tape or paste. I have tried replacing the elbow with new pipe and tried threading the pipe into the female filter until all...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks