Search results

1. Big Chicken

Residential Evaporator Coils Placement

I think this depends on the brand you have and how it was installed. I've seen some ingenious installations before in a plenum that involved custom work. I've also seen some scary setups that resulted in condensate running back into the furnace instead of out the condensate hose. Some brands use...
  2. Big Chicken

Leaking Febco backflow valve, only when 1 specific zone starts?

Zone 4 is the farthest from the water source. It hasn't gotten any worse, so I believe you're correct in that it is working fine. I will look at installing a pressure regulator. I appreciate the help.
  3. Big Chicken

No master valves on either side. I could have really used one 2 years ago when the PVB I had blew up one day that temps dipped below 32. Luckily I was home to hear the water gushing out 5 foot in the air and could turn off the water supply. That bad weather forecast cost me a new PVB.
  4. Big Chicken

Shower Water won't fully exit trap

Do you mean that the shower itself has standing water in it, or was it the trap like others have suggested?
  5. Big Chicken

Yeah, this is small town Nebraska. No inspections yearly, just a post card mailed out asking if we have them in place. The house is fully up to county code with all plumbing. It was built 5 years ago and inspections were done then. We never get any type of follow up inspections unless a building...
  6. Big Chicken

Sorry it took so long to reply. I'm on a city water source in a town of 1800 people. I am on the far edge of town on a hill, so there may be a drop in pressure at times. I should also note that after further investigation, the backflow valve will only allow water out when I run zones...
  7. Big Chicken

Hello all, I have a Febco backflow valve that has started leaking under the bonnet, only when zone 4 of my 7 zone sprinkler system starts. The whole valve is only 2 years old and the rest of the system is 5. The leak will only last a couple seconds, but dumps quite a bit of water before it...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks