Search results

1. cgarai

Cracking stopcocks

Hi I'm on my 4th cracked Brass Craft 1/4 turn stop cock. They have been in service for anywhere from 1-4 years before they cracked and started leaking. All have failed with a hairline crack in the threads that may So far the damage has been minor, but I've been lucky. Is this a case of...
  2. cgarai

Corrosion in Shower valve

I have just replaced the valve below in a Kohler thermostatic mixer. The corrosion built up on the disk and caused the unit to start to drip. Is this a common problem? Should I be concerned? Could I have just cleaned it off an reinstalled it or is it finished? The house is on well water...
  3. cgarai

Fleck 6700XTR cycles seem incorrect

My 6700 doesn't seem to be going through the cycles correctly. I just ran it through its cycles by manually starting a regeneration, the purpose being to measure the BLFC flow rate. I have it Regenerant Flow set to Down Flow Double Back Wash, which has 5 cycles: Down Flow Double Backwash...
  4. cgarai

How do I remove BLFC from Fleck 6700XTR head?

I am trying to find out what the actual size of the BLFC is. Do I need a special tool and if so, where do I get it? Thanks, Chris
  5. cgarai

Salt Dosage and Fleck 6700XTR, or any head for that matter

Hi, Trying to figure out the salt dosage settings on this Fleck head though I believe the following would apply to most electronic heads. It is a downflow brining head. Although it has a salt dosage in the menu it is only available for the upflow configuration. I can set the head to be...
  6. cgarai

SST-60 Resin, Reducing salt, removing manganese and iron

Hi, SST-60 is touted as reducing salt usage by 40% and the ability to remove manganese. Is the 40% reduced salt usage still apply at low salt dosages (e.g. 6#/cuft)? My water recently tested as follows: Water Analyisis: Alkalinity 189 mg/L pH 8 mg/L Hardness 12 Gr/gal (205.2...
  7. cgarai

Fleck 7000 questions

Hi, Many folks here recommend the Fleck 7000, but one online seller advises against it in favor of the 5600. They claim the head leaks. I was all set to order the 7000SXT. Any comments? Chris
  8. cgarai

Controlling Final Hardness, salt dosage, upflow brining questions

A couple of questions: 1. I am wondering how to adjust the final hardness of softened water. The reason for this is that I am installing a condensing water heater that requires that hardness be maintained between 5 and 7 gr/gal. I am starting with water that is 13 gr/gal. I have read that...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks