Search results

1. cgarai

Corrosion in Shower valve

Removing random brass fittings is my worst nightmare. It's all behind finished walls. Also there are very few right angle fittings if any as I don't like to use them for the reason that they reduce flow. The recirc system has none. Pex is flexible, take advantage of that and minimize RA...
  2. cgarai

Do I need to worry about this? If I do, what should I test for? Thanks, Chris
  3. cgarai

Yes there is a recirc pump. It is a push button demand recirc, so it's not on very often. What would that do? The PEX connections are a mix of the composite and the brass styles. The hot water heater is 120g Heat Transfer Products Phoenix, which has a stainless steel tank. The green is not...
  4. cgarai

It's been a year and now the shower output seemed low, so I took the heads apart and found out that the screens were clogged with a mix of what looked like pipe dope "dust" and green corrosion flecks. The picture shows more corrosion than pipe dope on this particular head. The house is plumbed...
  5. cgarai

Cracking stopcocks

So are Dahl the best valves? My local supplier CalSteam sells ProFlo valves. I have to replace 20 valves, so if I can spend around $10 vs $20 its significant. Of course another failure could cost way more, so I'm happy not to cheap out if Dahl is only acceptable product. Seems there has to be...
  6. cgarai

Cracking stopcocks

Well that's exactly what I'm looking for, the name of a quality valve. Do they come in 1/4 turn angle valves? Or is 1/4 turn a bad idea for some reason? Thanks
  7. cgarai

Cracking stopcocks

Hi Sorry, forgot to say this is a 1/2"npt connection to the house plumbing, 3/8 compression to the faucet. It's cracking in the npt threads.
  8. cgarai

Cracking stopcocks

Hi I'm on my 4th cracked Brass Craft 1/4 turn stop cock. They have been in service for anywhere from 1-4 years before they cracked and started leaking. All have failed with a hairline crack in the threads that may So far the damage has been minor, but I've been lucky. Is this a case of...
  9. cgarai

Attached are the two water tests. The older was taken on the day the well was drilled, taken at the well head. The newer was a few year before occupancy and was taken at the 10K gal holding tank. What should I have the water tested for? Should I test both before and after the water softener...
  10. cgarai

I have just replaced the valve below in a Kohler thermostatic mixer. The corrosion built up on the disk and caused the unit to start to drip. Is this a common problem? Should I be concerned? Could I have just cleaned it off an reinstalled it or is it finished? The house is on well water...
  11. cgarai

Fleck 6700XTR cycles seem incorrect

So that was the issue. Looking carefully at the parts diagram I now see that there is a double backwash version of the cam. I'm not sure I understand why that would be necessary with a digital controller. It seems to me that the controller would be able to position the valve as needed for...
  12. cgarai

That is probably what is going on. I am not at the site at the moment, but will let you know. I didn't know that the valve is one or the other. Thanks, Chris
  13. cgarai

My 6700 doesn't seem to be going through the cycles correctly. I just ran it through its cycles by manually starting a regeneration, the purpose being to measure the BLFC flow rate. I have it Regenerant Flow set to Down Flow Double Back Wash, which has 5 cycles: Down Flow Double Backwash...
  14. cgarai

How do I remove BLFC from Fleck 6700XTR head?

Hi, Thanks, actually I miss-spoke and meant the DLFC, so Dittohead's response to miss-reading my message was just the ticket! Thank you both, as both pieces of info are useful. Chris
  15. cgarai

How do I remove BLFC from Fleck 6700XTR head?

I am trying to find out what the actual size of the BLFC is. Do I need a special tool and if so, where do I get it? Thanks, Chris
  16. cgarai

Salt Dosage and Fleck 6700XTR, or any head for that matter

OK, I think I finally understand something that I had a complete misconception on. The Brine Fill cycle places a metered amount of water in the brine tank. The Brine/Slow Rinse cycle sucks all of that water out, now laden with salt. Now I'm curious about the instructions from the dealer on...
  17. cgarai

Oops. Only what is taken from the salt tank needs to be replaced. On the drawings in the Service Manual (http://www.pentairwatertreatment.com/PentairFiles/Pentair%20Water%20Treatment/Manuals/6700XTR%20Service%20Manual%20Downflow%2042132.pdf) it appears to me that flow in and out of the Salt...
  18. cgarai

Now that is not my understanding at all. The Brine Fill cycle refills the brine tank. The Brine/Slow Rinse (I was a little sloppy with my terminology before) is where brine is being fed into the resin tank along with water. At least that is what the service manual shows. I hadn't really...
  19. cgarai

Thanks, I did all that before hand. Now I'm just trying to get the system setup. In my case the SFR set the size of the system quite high compared to my average water use and hardness, which is quite low compared with the nominal 75 g/day/person normally assumed. Thus the time between regens...
  20. cgarai

Thanks F6Hawk for checking my arithmetic! And for the reply. Maybe it is me, but it seems that I haven't been able to find that info in one clear place. Is there a sticky somewhere that explains this? If not, there should be. Thanks again, Chris
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks