Search results

1. Andrew Elizalde

is my meter running correctly?

I found out the problem! The AC guy is coming on Wednesday to have a look but in the meanwhile I called my dad's cousins (handymen/etc) to come check it out. The found the problem within fifteen minutes. The inside AC unit was drawing something like 22 amps. They said it should be around...
  2. Andrew Elizalde

Thanks again for all the responses guys. I'm going to try to isolate the problem later today...I have work in about an hour. :/ I don't think it could be anyone stealing my power, I live in suburbia so I don't even know how that would happen. And no, I don't have a well. Thanks.
  3. Andrew Elizalde

ok. so here's a vid. of my meter. this is how it runs with the ac off. notice, it spins slowly, then all of a sudden it speeds up. and here it is spinning with the ac on (earlier in the day)
  4. Andrew Elizalde

Thanks for the responses guys. My house should have very light usage. I work full time and am at school full time so I'm not there much to expend energy. The house was built in 2003 and all the appliances (all electric) are from there. The energy company is coming out on monday to inspect...
  5. Andrew Elizalde

So I just moved in to a new place and I think my meter may be reading incorrect. For example, last month my bill was about $250.00 for a one story (one ac unit) 1500 sq. foot house. The thermostat is set at 78 when I'm there and 83 when I'm not. This month, same story, huge bill of $280.00...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks