Search results

1. Mike50

My plumber is wigged out by my Aquia II toilet, and now so am I!

Yea. My plumber had a minor meltdown as well. It was the original/older Aquia. I paid him an extra 100 bucks which was warranted imo. Even after I paid him the extra money he whined until I could get him out of the house. hehheh.
  2. Mike50

Installing Pergo laminate flooring

Don't forget to draw a line of silicone type material around the perimiter of the room Before installing all trim and moldings. It will be hidden but You will realize how critical it is the first time you mop the floor and water puddles which could ruin the planks in time. Buy the type recommended.
  3. Mike50

URGENT - need advice on natural slate tile selection

I use Jasco Gloss & Seal on my Saltillo tile. It's very effective at keeping all the tiles intact and free of flaking etc. This natural tile is in both of my bathrooms BTW.
  4. Mike50

Converting Shed roof to gable?

Absolutely correct and I'll go one step further. Maybe you have to have an eye for graphic design to see that If he doesn't duplicate the design--it will look awful-like a christmas bonus project. If you cant do it--then leave it as is imnsho. ALL trim will need to be re painted.
  5. Mike50

Tool Sheds

Exnay on this. LOTS of reviewers say it blows apart in 40 mph winds.
  6. Mike50

Tool Sheds

They have the rubbermaid at local bigbox so I will probably get one of those. In fact it's set up in the parking lot there so it looks like a good bet. thanks..
  7. Mike50

Tool Sheds

I'm getting ready to buy a tool shed--Never had one before but my garage conversion makes it necessary. I'd appreciate any info on brands and materials to avoid. Here in the high desert our summer temps hit triple digits regularly. We also have gusty winds at times.
  8. Mike50

Garage Conversion/Property Tax issues

Right. Well I'll have my plumber install a basin then in place of the dryer. Don't really need a dryer in the desert.
  9. Mike50

A closer inspection reveals that I have electrical outlets on every wall....and a phone jack. I think the previous owner may have been doing more than changing the oil there. Can I have a large "Wash Basin" installed next to the washer and dryer without a permit? Also I need to see some...
  10. Mike50

Heh heh. Gotcha...
  11. Mike50

Great reply. Thanks Jimbo--you always come through. I live in what is classified as a "Rustic" community. Semi-rural if you will. So a wink and a nod is common I believe. However I'm not going to push the envelope to far. That's good news about the drywall--but I'll check to be sure in my...
  12. Mike50

I want to drywall (with insulation) the garage walls, paint wood rafters, Epoxy floor-Install 2nd picture window and hang art and stuff on walls with some furniture. I will leave the automatic garage door as is. I have plenty of electrical outlets and plumbing (from washer dryer). Im unsure...
  13. Mike50

Permanent weed solution: Poly Ground cover Question

I have found a solution. This company specializes in a landscaping sand called "Palm Springs Gold" It is a specialty blend of many tiny rocks mixed with sand. And it has just enough clay to help with this problem. When you water the sand it forms a substantial hard crust. However if you walk on...
  14. Mike50

It's pointless because only the hula hoe will remove the root. I'm talking about an acre BTW...this isn't a suburban rose garden mate. lol
  15. Mike50

Your point reminded me of why I cannot use Poly. We all use hula-hoe to eradicate weeds. The Poly will impede that because it cant "bite" into the soil. It would be a mess in fact. Too bad we can't use those whirling weed whackers...but as I said it's all sand here.
  16. Mike50

I'm going to nuke the ground with weed killer and hope for the best. I live in the southern california desert near Palm Springs and it's all sand here mate. Many weeds simply die from the extreme heat in summer when temps are routinely in the triple digits. Usually 100-112+
  17. Mike50

I should probably just nuke the area with Roundup as you suggested. If the Poly doesn't work out--it would be a real fiasco to remove it from underneath TONS & TONS of sand. Luckily for me I only live 10 miles from the biggest supplier/quarry in the Southwest.
  18. Mike50

Thanks Gary. I may just try all these methods and hope for the best. If you know how the poly is secured to the ground--let me know....
  19. Mike50

I have a landscaping issue and could use some tips. I live in the high desert of california. I have a horseshoe shaped driveway with a semi circle of gray sandy dirt terrain in front of the house. I'm having multiple tons of decorative sand delivered to cover this area. I would like to eliminate...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks