Search results

1. TruckkerJoe

By-passing water filter

Montelatici,Dittohead,Reach4 Thanks all of you, Montelatici your statement makes a lot of sense but filter is directly after jet pump,then clear string 5micron,into a additional carbon 10x54 lastly softener witch gets cleaned out with resin cleaner.@ this point going to try adding some kind...
  2. TruckkerJoe

By-passing water filter

How long before your filter cartridge gets clogged enough to call for changing the cartridge? We don't loose any P.S.I for long time (like 30 to 60days) if even that long our set-up has a holding tank/cistern 500gal that oxidizes the solution. if I had sent you some pics of the bottom of...
  3. TruckkerJoe

By-passing water filter

Manganese 0.236 mg/ or ppm and yes it is after filter.I don't think it's sediment Reach4 Manganese sticks to everything and anything it touches that's why I'am leaning towards my pump?What about a mang.tester ?
  4. TruckkerJoe

By-passing water filter

Hello to all, Just went and changed filter and wife took a bath,so after only 30gals this filter has a SMALL amount manganese laying in-it?and if I look at it each day the color will progressively get darker and darker even after a regeneration?Someone might think that you see it darken closer...
  5. TruckkerJoe

Regeneration Cycle Steps (1-5)

HelloTo All, Just pulled my tiny brain apart going into Master Programming Mode on this older fleck7000SE Filter on a 10x40 tank as far as can tell got-it programed?anyway's here in PA. water is tight so we have a cistern vessel and if it goes threw 2 ten minutes backwashes cycles well we run...
  6. TruckkerJoe

P.S.I

Thank you BOTH now that is making more sense hope these replies help other's keep up the great work!!!
  7. TruckkerJoe

P.S.I

Hello to all, This is a 2 part questionnaire ? Just placed a carbon 10x54 tank for a final polish in my home and wanted to do my own backwash with a small water pump that can give about 60 to 80psi into a inlet=outlet (head) so.. whats the maximum pressure I can place into this filter without...
  8. TruckkerJoe

Water softener effect on pH

You 2 members are excellent teachers for the DIYs and this forum works well,I'll do all my shopping here!! Dissipate quickly?Thats what we mainly wanted to understand (timetable) wise.We will wait awhile before a PH test.Some people like myself over think and worry over little stuff,and I'am...
  9. TruckkerJoe

Ditto,Thank you and I'am sick of saying that,LOL Ok The part were you wrote ;;to do a proper test, the water should be run for at least three bed/tank volumes at a specified flow rate. Katalox Light, should be tested at around 3 GPM per Cubic Foot. If I have 1cft and a 10x40 tank and a PSI of...
  10. TruckkerJoe

Maybe this link will help understand..or trouble shoot!! http://katalox.de/product_info/msds/ I might be worried for nothing but 3backwashes?
  11. TruckkerJoe

Wow that was fast!! Incoming PH=7.5 OUT=THINKING 14? Alkalinity 120 out obove 240 ALL HIGH Was told it will take maybe 5 backwashes?? Technology??? This is Katalox Light fleck7000SE
  12. TruckkerJoe

Hello,Just read the link obove..it didn't say any thing about Iron filter medias?maybe someone might help,recently installed my Iron filter with only 3 backwashes as of yet,but my PH,Alkalinity,Stabilizer are off the charts(pool-tester) was wondering does it take several backwashes,and how many...
  13. TruckkerJoe

7000SE-Modes

OH,Ok Got it Thanks Gary I got this unit real cheap and the person never place in service? a little confused on Master/default settings this far? But love learning this stuff and this forum.
  14. TruckkerJoe

7000SE-Modes

Reach4 Thanks for that link..I found some important info Page8 states Do not set time of day @ 12.01Pm when entering (start-up Program mode) doing so causes the head to enter Master prog. and will alter Factory settings resulting in system malfunction and I think I did just that??? oopps!!! I...
  15. TruckkerJoe

7000SE-Modes

Hello to All, Just placed my 7000SE Filter for Manganese and in need of first program modes?The Service Manual I have is for the SXT.I don't need any additional info as far as usage/hardness/how many people ext.This set-up comes out of a 500 cistern tank,my plan is to set backwash time and...
  16. TruckkerJoe

Time between cycles.

It's really refreshing to get not only the answer that someone is looking for…plus extra text in regards to there questions!! is very rare my hats off to these people.Ditto what size is your head??You shoud be a writer after hours,ok my white-lable/sticker doesn't have any readable text but when...
  17. TruckkerJoe

Time between cycles.

Reach4 Thanks!! This unit is a fleck5600E head on a 10x54 and I was told a total 145 for a proper regen. time?I also seen some older post that it may be a brine valve but the spacer/piston was pretty hard to turn by hand and got even harder when I bolted down the stainless plate…..this is about...
  18. TruckkerJoe

Time between cycles.

Total cycle time Trying to determin what might be freezing up? Regenerate time goes as followed. 445 to 500=15min. backwash. 500 to 530=30min. brine rinse. 530 to 625=65min. rapid rinse. 625 to 635=10min. settle rinse. 635 to 650=15min. brine refill...
  19. TruckkerJoe

sticking float

Ok Thank you for taking some time for this post,the first answer is probably what I will check-out first.Gary my set-up in regards with the cistern has plenty of re-gen. water and house usage,but I might or need to clean out my solenoid valves.Do you think that after cleaning all these pieces...
  20. TruckkerJoe

sticking float

Hello group,Just looked in brine tank and yes a lot of water and the float is above water level?plus not using between 40 / 50gals @ regenerate?What's going on team,point me in the right direction.Thank you!!
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks