Search results

1. tp01tp012000

Vent Problem?

Something I forgot to mention in my original post. All 3 toliets in my house (1 first floor and 2 second floor) will lose water from the bowl if not flushed. The one downstairs loses more than the 2 on the second floor. We have a septic tank which I had pumped once the problem appeared.
  2. tp01tp012000

Vent Problem?

Hi, I need some help with the toliet on my first floor. On windy days I notice the water in the bowl moving. After it's flushed the water level in the bowl raises then drops about 1". This is causing us a great deal of headaches due reminents being left in the bowl and other factors. My...
  3. tp01tp012000

Bowl Water Level

Hi Plumber1, I'm not sure I understand your post. By "sewer" do you mean my waste pipe?
  4. tp01tp012000

Bowl Water Level

:mad: I was finally able to sync up my schedule with my plumbers. He ran a new 3" vent pipe through my roof off the horizontal pipe that went between my guest bath and my main vent. I'm continue to have the same water level as before. Any ideas on what could be causing the issue?
  5. tp01tp012000

Bowl Water Level

Hi All, Here's the latest on my situation. I had my septic tank pumped. I also removed the toliet that initially started the problem and didn't see any blockages in it. Here's the plumber's next suggestion. Your thoughts? I have 2 toliets on my 2nd floor. In my attic I have a pipe...
  6. tp01tp012000

Bowl Water Level

A plumber finally came over and said I definately have a vent problem. He ran a snake from the roof vent down past my 1st floor toliet. He said there wasn't any blockages. Here's what he thought would be the next course of action. I'm interested in your input on if this makes sense and are...
  7. tp01tp012000

Bowl Water Level

I have my own septic system. I have a well along with a water softener (Model 9000 Econominder). The tank holding the salt is about 1/3 full which is when I usually add another bag. We have allot of iron in water thus the need for the softener. It seems to me that the toliets are becoming...
  8. tp01tp012000

Bowl Water Level

When I add water to the bowl, it goes down to the new lower level rather quickly. Does that help in problem determination? I can tell the level in both toliets is too low based on the ring left by the old water line that existed previously.
  9. tp01tp012000

Bowl Water Level

Yes, both floats appear to be working. The refill tubes in both toliets seem to be fine also. Since more than 1 toliet is having problems now, it seems like the issue is with something they share in common. As Cass suggested maybe the vent. I'm a homeowner with no practical plumbing...
  10. tp01tp012000

Bowl Water Level

About a month ago my toliet on the first floor became plugged. I used a plunger and was able to get it flush properly. Now I notice the bowl fills up but the water level drops back down. There's still water in the bowl but not as much as before the blockage. Over time, it seems like there is...
  11. tp01tp012000

Low Bowl Water Level

One point I forgot to mention is which is also similiar to astro46's post. After flushing the water in the bowl reaches the original level but then quickly drops to the level it's at currently. It will stay at this level until flushed again so water doesn't appear to be leaking from the bowl.
  12. tp01tp012000

Low Bowl Water Level

Hi, I'm having a similiar problem with low bowl water level as astro46 mentioned in his posting (https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4692). I'm a novice homeowner so I don't understand what "The horizontal under the toilet" is that's mentioned in the post. Can someone describe...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks