Search results

1. HWMonkey

Sticking down pipes ???

Anyone? Disregard this one. I missed the sticky on this subject. The opinion here is DO NOT add check valves.
  2. HWMonkey

Sticking down pipes ???

Hmm. Bouncing the pipes up and down and turning them allows them to move some. Of course, it also provides action for the foot valve and makes a huge mess, plus adds weight to the piping as it refills with water. I have been able to raise it about 4 feet. It is like it gets hung up on build up...
  3. HWMonkey

Sticking down pipes ???

I have a jet pump - what I would term a deep well jet pump for it has a 1 1/4 line and 1" line. Presumably, there is a venturi/ejector thingy attached to these two pipes, and a foot valve at the bottom. The well seal was in need of replacement (not leaking/contaminating yet, but bolts rusting to...
  4. HWMonkey

Well Cap Bolts

Just to clarify: The casing is above ground (the rocks are ground) but below grade. It sits in a 5' circumference pit, down 3.5' from grade. I guess it is a pump house of a sort. So, you guys are saying call a well drilling company to see if they can extend the casing and put a seal/cap...
  5. HWMonkey

Well Cap Bolts

My well is fully functional, and the few tests I have had over the years show it is in great shape. But, I want to add a hand pump as a backup. To do this, I really need to know the water level to see if a shallow pump will work. I suspect it will. When I purchased the house, someone checked...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks