Search results

1. springboard

Tired of Rheem Ecosense, need suggestions for new tankless

An update on our water heater and a kudo for Rheem: After many calls to Rheem and messing with possible fixes, Rheem sent a new water heater to replace our old one (it was out of warranty but I called them before warranty expired about the same problem). I was surprised that they suddenly gave...
  2. springboard

I did try flushing with vinegar, over an hour last time. My water is a bit hard and does leave deposits. Do you have a suggestion about anything stronger than vinegar?
  3. springboard

Sorry it has taken me a bit to reply, it is a busy season and the water heater has been ignored for a bit. Thanks for your time in answering, tarjan. You are probably right about trying to fix the problem rather than throwing a new heater at it. My frustration has been my inability to get...
  4. springboard

Thanks, I haven't looked at the Takagis yet. You're right about looking at local support. The Rinnai local installer is the same outfit I was disappointed with on my Rheem and I'm not looking forward to using them again. I hadn't thought of building an insulated bump-out to use an indoor...
  5. springboard

Thanks for the reply. From looking around at specs and performance, it looks like Rinnai and Noritz will probably be my best bet. Simple would be best but I haven't seen large ones without a lot of electronics.
  6. springboard

I've had a Rheem tankless for 3 years and it has never performed well. Bath water would need to be turned on to get kitchen sink to get hot water. I've run the gamut with Rheem and their local choice for plumber (he wanted to sell me something different and wouldn't do any work on the Rheem)...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks