Search results

1. Joelk

What lubricant to use for installing bladder into pressure tank?

It is fiberglass wrapped "plastic" and is fairly new.
  2. Joelk

I removed it because I originally planned to us it for something other than a pressure tank. I re-installed the bladder this evening. I decided to try installing it without any lubricant so that I would not have flush out the lubricant. It may have been even easier w/lube, but it went in...
  3. Joelk

Thanks for the reply. It is a "plastic" tank, and I can use Ivory/Palmolive, but was just wondering if there was something that would be better for the project.
  4. Joelk

I realize that it may not be worth the COST to replace the bladder, but all I want to do is put the good one that I took out, back in. The tank/bladder are not very old and seem to be in good condition so I don't want to throw them away. I think I can put it back in, in less than 10 minutes...
  5. Joelk

I have a pressure tank that I was going to use for another project, so I pulled the bladder out. I put dish detergent in the tank to lubricate it and let the bladder to slide out. The bladder appears to be in good condition and I would like to put it back into the tank. What lubricant...
  6. Joelk

Has anyone used a LAKOS Twist II Clean Filter?

Thanks for the replies. The 105 mesh does concern me and I am sure it would not catch anywhere near all of the sediment, but I wonder if it would catch enough to significantly extend the lift of my WHF.
  7. Joelk

Sediment problems - how deep should I place the pump?

LLigetfa, thanks for the replies! When I pulled the pump last year, I did not measure the depth of the well, just the water level, but since raising the pump 10' had no significant effect, I doubt that it had filled with sediment to anywhere near 15'. I had planned to just lift the pump...
  8. Joelk

Has anyone used a LAKOS Twist II Clean Filter?

In trying to deal with my sediment problems I have come across Ads and YouTube Videos about this filter. It seems like a quality filter and I like the fact that I should be able to just backflush it instead of changing filters all the time. It has a mesh filter and the finest mesh they...
  9. Joelk

Thanks for the reply, BUT I won't be drilling a new well unless and until this one stops supplying useable water. Filters are a lot cheaper than a new well. It may be that drilling a new well is the only total solution, and it may only be a matter of time, but that may be years, or decades...
  10. Joelk

Thanks for the reply. I think the bedrock is primarily Limestone. I don't need the full output of the pump and that is one reason(also cheaper and easier to work with) I used 1" instead of 1 1/4" pipe. I may consider other tactics(flow restrictor, CVS, etc) if I need to, but raising the...
  11. Joelk

I am having a sediment problem, probably clay(no sand) and am looking for a low cost solution/s. The sediment fills up my 10" x 4.5" filter pretty quickly. The well supplies a garage/shop, not a residence(no septic), but I may build a house there some day. My well is about 8 years old, 221...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks