Search results

1. sqzdog

Hot water not as hot. Now what?

I will. Just got off the phone with Ruud and this thing was made in 1996 so it is due. I have never bought one before so will I be able to get one the same height with the hot/cold holes in the same place? I can install it, I just don't want to go through a whole bunch of pipefitting.
  2. sqzdog

I did the vinegar test and the white particles did not dissolve. After months, this stuff is still clogging up my faucet screens. What now??
  3. sqzdog

Mark, your suggestion worked like a charm. Cass, I haven't found anymore of those deposits like you mentioned, but when I do I'll do the vinegar test. Thanks to everyone for your help.
  4. sqzdog

What/where is the dip tube?
  5. sqzdog

ok, I found my original problem but created another. There was alot of calcium build-up in my lines and that caused the screen at the end of the faucet to clog up with those deposits. I drained my hot water heater and after doing so now have very low hot water pressure in the kitchen sink...
  6. sqzdog

Update! This weekend, I noticed a substantial decrease in water pressure in my master bath shower and sink. I removed the shower head and sink faucet screen and noticed a whole lot of white mineral grains. I am guessing its calcium, but not sure. Is there a reason for this? Could this have...
  7. sqzdog

Recently= past 2 months Tub almost fills to the overflow but usually cools down about an inch before it gets there. Usually it would fill to the over flow and there still by HW left to add a little bit later.
  8. sqzdog

I used an ohm meter. What is the best way to check them?
  9. sqzdog

Recently when taking a bath, we run out of hot water quicker than before. I have checked both elements in the HW heater and they check out fine. We are on public water where I live so it should be cleaner than that of a well. What are my other options?
  10. sqzdog

Outdoor spa question - need advice with PVC

Ok guys, the job is done! I searched and searched for a ram bit but there weren't any at any of the supply places within 50 miles! Here's what I did: I used the grinding bit from a Dremel tool and ground away the piece very slowly and carefully. I was able to get the replacement part from the...
  11. sqzdog

ok, I'll get the drill bit. Thanks
  12. sqzdog

Thanks for the replies. I ordered the new part from the manufacturer but here's my next question. From where I cut the old PVC pipe off, there is still about 1/2 inch of the old pipe inside the coupling. How do I get this out without cutting anymore of the coupling back? HJ, thanks for your...
  13. sqzdog

Hello, I'm new here and have a plumbing question. On my outdoor spa, there are two lines that run into the pump. They are about 2 1/2 inch lines. While tightening the collar from one of the lines that attach to the pump, the collar split and I lost all the water in the tub. Here's the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks