Search results

1. RSquirrel

Wall-Mounted Toilet Rod Length

Tuttles, Terry, James, Thanks all for your answers. It's good to know that my shortening-the-rods assumption was correct (strange that the Charlotte EZS 24 instructions make no mention). Other than still not knowing where the star washers go (the EZS 24 instructions lists them, but does not...
  2. RSquirrel

Wall-Mounted Toilet Rod Length

Our condo unit has back-to-back bathrooms with a Charlotte EZS 800D Starter Fitting, EZS 22 Support Frames and EZS 24 Trim Packages (Note: I cannot physically see the interior of the wall, my info is based on sketchy as-built drawings). The interior wall cavity width is 12”. The cut sheet for...
  3. RSquirrel

Custom Low-Profile Clamping Drain

TR, Once again, you've helped me down the right path. As for needing the adjustable grate, I don't believe I do need it, as I will be using a Home Depot-marketed linear drain (IPTLD-SP26 by IPT Sink) which includes its own externally-threaded adapter (standard 2" PT) with internal O-rings to...
  4. RSquirrel

Hi TR, Here's the link to the drain I cited. https://www.mrsupply.com/approved-vendors-no-hub-floor-drain.html?gclid=Cj0KCQiA7NKBBhDBARIsAHbXCB4IX1Bozi7u8752VdTKs7WNcaxrQoQKtqXAQNZBI_umWTDeyqyxKu8aAj_TEALw_wcB I got the one above confused with another similar one. The reference to 'ERB' is...
  5. RSquirrel

Thanks for the informative response. In the meantime, I have found a clamping drain with a side outlet that will meet my needs (APPROVED VENDORS, 2" NO HUB ANGLE SHOWER DRAIN, CAST IRON, ROUND TOP, M77489). BTW, I too stumbled upon the okay for a shower to keep a converted tub's 1-1/2" drain...
  6. RSquirrel

I am replacing an acrylic tub with a walk-in shower. The tub’s 1-1/2” drain is centered ~3-7/16” above a concrete floor slab. The drain is fed into a 2-inch no-hub cast-iron P-trap (Charlotte EZS 10) in a common wall between two back-to-back bathrooms. Of course, I need to match the elevation of...
  7. RSquirrel

Unorthodox Pump Control?

That's an interesting solution. Just for my education, would two ground rods 1000+ feet apart still provide reliable continuity? Anyway, to answer your question, there are (were) two 14AWG THHN's in the conduit. But there's no point in wasting your time with an alternate solution utilizing the...
  8. RSquirrel

Unorthodox Pump Control?

Thanks, this is exactly what I was looking for. Just one question, though: Since the submersible well pump (1 hp Goulds 10GS10412) has nothing to do with instantaneous demand (it only fills the tank, another pump provides house pressure), why do I need a Cycle Stop Valve?
  9. RSquirrel

Unorthodox Pump Control?

Thanks, but unfortunately, the conduit is PVC.
  10. RSquirrel

Unorthodox Pump Control?

I have a 1-hp submersible pump (inlet 246 ft. down from wellhead, static water level 165 ft. down) that pumps water through a check-valve to a holding tank 165 ft. above the well head (via an open-ended feed pipe at top of tank). It was controlled by a float switch in the holding tank, but the...
  11. RSquirrel

Submersible Pump in Above-ground Pool

Actually, the pump I am referring to (Simer 2305) is rated for continuous duty. And yes (re: "Homeownerinburb"), this is to make it simple to install. I am experimenting to see if the design (gleaned from various sources on the web, including one that does use a submersible) ill serve my needs...
  12. RSquirrel

Submersible Pump in Above-ground Pool

Application: Dedicated Submersible Pump (separate from the pool filter pump) to provide water circulation through roof-mounted solar collector Pool: 3000-gallon swim-in-place, metal-tube frame with vinyl liner (all equipment and metal components bonded). Circulation pump and heater fed by...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks