Search results

1. geoffinCT

Eco Soiree fill valve problem

Good news! I aligned the pull to be straighter with the flapper, felt the fill tube and it seemed fine, flushed it and then shut off the water overnight and the level was the same in the morning. It's actually filling to about 1/2" from the top and it's supposed to be set to 5/8" so close...
  2. geoffinCT

I'll trying making it pull up a bit straighter just in case and I'll run my fingers down the riser tube. The dye is a good idea to try to isolate it. I haven't turned the water off to test how low it would go yet since I just installed it yesterday and it's been so nice having a new toilet...
  3. geoffinCT

All good thoughts, that's why i visit this forum! The chain has just a little slack, but it definitely is aligned across the front of the toilet in front of the fill tube with the chain at a 60deg angle to the flapper so it does not pull it straight up but toward the front as it lifts which I...
  4. geoffinCT

Okay, thanks. It's good to know it's supposed to drip like that so I don't have to worry about the fill valve. My old 5.5gal toilets fill valves didn't drip from the top so I wasn't sure what was normal for Toto. As far as the flapper or flush valve, I'll pull the flush valve and check the...
  5. geoffinCT

Hello, I just bought/installed a Toto 1.28g 1-piece Eco Soiree yesterday which wasn't too bad except for drilling through tile (Even with a new diamond bit from Lowes). 1.28 instead of my old 1967 5.5 gal toilet is great! It works well so far except I noticed when it fills the tank the...
  6. geoffinCT

1 Piece 1.28g Toilet for a 10 3/4 in Rough-in?

Thanks Gary, I had considered changing the rough-in, but don't have easy access to see if it is a joist issue and I was going to originally switch out the toilets myself, but if I have to switch out the rough-in I'd get a plumber. I'll try to check for the joist location with a stud sensor, but...
  7. geoffinCT

Thanks Terry, Hmm... It sounds like the Drake 1.6 and Eco Drake 1.28 (744 models) would come within an 1/8 or 1/4 in of my 10-3/4 rough-in because of the 1-1/8" gap behind them as you mentioned. It would be cutting it very close though. Hope they will fit. How do the E-max, G-max and Double...
  8. geoffinCT

flange adapters I thought there were flange adapters to convert different rough-ins so that you could use 12 in rough-in toilet with an 11 or even a 10in rough-in? Do these not work well for some reason because that would be the easiest solution? Thanks again
  9. geoffinCT

Oh boy, I guess The Pacifica and Dorian won't work either because my water supply is out of the floor 8in away and those are skirted toilets. I really would like to spend less than $550 anyway. I'll have to start looking at the 2-piece toilets that come in 10-in rough-in.
  10. geoffinCT

1 Piece 1.28g Toilet for a 10 3/4 in Rough-in Thanks guys, that's what I was afraid of. There's no baseboards in the bathrooms so it's to the walls. It seems this house was put together all non-standard and it was only 1967. Every little project turns into a bigger project. Were 12in...
  11. geoffinCT

I currently have 2- 1967 5.5 gal round toilets on tile that I'd like to replace with 1.28 gal 1-piece elongated ones, but the rough-in distance from the wall to the center of the bolts is 10 3/4" and 10 7/8". Are there any good 1 piece toilets with a 12in rough-in that will work? The tank...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks