Search results

1. halogen25

Takagi T-K2 Error Code 11

The saga continues So I finally got around to cleaning the heat exchanger this weekend, a process that took me about 2 hours. (I highly recommend the use of a digital camera to help you remember which screws go where!) The unit had some dust in it, but nothing terrible. The results: same...
  2. halogen25

Still not resolved.... Hi All, Thanks for the suggestions. The problem still isn't fixed. Discussions with technical support (they are very helpful and patient) have led me to believe that it is one of two problems: 1) dirty/clogged heat exchanger. The unit is outside, and dust can...
  3. halogen25

Hi All, I have had my Takagi T-K2 for 3 years and love it. But lately there has been a problem with it failing, giving error code 11. The machine fires about 10% of the time, but after it fires once, it fires fine for most of the day. But at night and in the morning, it always fails. I...
  4. halogen25

Tankless and Water Hammer

Mark, I honestly love it. Not a glitch, and an endless supply of hot water, especially when the in-laws visit! But I realize that this option is not for everyone. We have a small house with very limited square-footage (which we made good use of after evicting the tank), and we put the...
  5. halogen25

Last I checked, the water pressure of my house is 80 psi. The tankless has a rating up to 150 psi. Are you suggesting that I determine the pressure when it is hammering?
  6. halogen25

I have recently noticed water hammer when my outdoor sprinkler system cuts off. On closer inspection, I found our 6 month old tankless water heater to be the source of the noise. When the sprinklers shut off, there is a clanging from within the heater, and the pressure relief valve on the hot...
  7. halogen25

Outdoor water heater (tankless)

outside tankless Hi GT. Yes, this is a great forum! I have a Takagi TK-2. Following the advice above, I installed a 45 elbow off of the unit, then a T with a bottom drain for condensate. To this I attached a small hose to drain at the bottom of the unit onto the ground and the vent pipe to...
  8. halogen25

In this thread S. California became South Carolina, and one month became six. That must be why some plumbers hate tankless water heaters.... they have to read the directions!
  9. halogen25

Any idea what a square foot costs in San Diego?? I learned how to read the gas meter. Thanks for the advice, Rugged. By the way, it is a straight, vertical vent. I suspect that I can drill a hole and attach a small tube and run it down the wall to the ground. As for the 1-800 number...
  10. halogen25

I have installed a tankless water heater on the outside of my house, with an 8-foot stainless vent running up to above the roof line (this was necessary, since the unit was installed within 4 feet of a window.) Is there any need to attach a condensation drain at the bottom of the vent pipe...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks