Search results

1. spiral_72

Well problems, the saga and sanity check

sorry for the delay. It's a 3/4hp pump installed in about 2005 at 220' deep. I thought 58psi at 7gpm might be normal, even if it's not it doesn't seem like it should be much better than that in a perfect system... I dunno I'm just speculating. I'll see if I can find some rector seal. It's still...
  2. spiral_72

The new pressure tank is in. Looks good, everything is almost right with the world. Dumping water from the outside spigot is approximately 6.5 - 7gpm. The system takes 2:35 for the pressure to drop from 61psi to 40psi. I know that math doesn't work out with a 13gal bleed down tank, but maybe...
  3. spiral_72

Drilling a well. Going to need alot of advice.

I used the usgs site to find the water table level in my area. I would think this gives you an indication of what to expect. You'll need to know the the height of your house above or below the sample data ground to get a real depth. My house is on a hill approximately 60ft above the sample...
  4. spiral_72

The big Eastern US snow delayed shipment of my tank. I have it now so I plan to get pipe and fittings tomorrow after work, hit the local Waffle House then head home for some plumbing work. Hopefully I'll have this thing done tomorrow night.
  5. spiral_72

HAHA. Thanks Valveman. The wife was part of the decision. I want to try your CSV even still when money permits. The new tank for all the small water uses, the the CSV kicks in 4minutes into a shower won't be too bad. The old pressure tank is flat and it's obvious. The new tank was delayed on...
  6. spiral_72

Alright, disappointing to some I opted for the old school tank. I was really trying to justify the valve purchase especially since it coupled with a small tank was less expensive. After careful study of our water use, it didn't make sense even though constant pressure would have been nice. Any...
  7. spiral_72

The valve on my current tank is not to blame unfortunately. It's gotta be the bladder. It's a Well-X-Trol surprisingly. One thing they did right in the plumbing some 20yrs ago. I agree, even I don't take a 7min shower... and my wife sure doesn't and since the washer takes 15minutes to fill, two...
  8. spiral_72

Alright fellas. I found the article interesting and frustrating at the same time. The 20gal tank coupled with the CSV is contrary to the recommended tank size by nearly 5gal. One thing that bugs me is the pump runs at 100% while the output is throttled, but that's only something a VFD would fix...
  9. spiral_72

Ah, very good sir, I'm glad 3/4 pipe is ok. I read the rest on your website. I completely agree with the function of the valve, the one thing I can't argue with is constant pressure. Since a truly large tank is not an option under my house, or out of my wallet............
  10. spiral_72

Very good sir. thank you for your help. I hadn't considered the valve leaking actually. That too would make sense. I drained the system a bit ago. The air pressure checked at 32psi though I'm sure I set it to 38 two nights ago. I don't know if that's a standard valve that can be acquired at the...
  11. spiral_72

Thank you. It looks like you represent these products. I didn't find a phone number, chat is closed, I can still send an email: If both valves do the same thing and are equally as good the CSV1W would be a better fit with the current arrangement. I have a new tank cross, gauge and pressure...
  12. spiral_72

Well, yes :) The bladder pumps up fine to pump start pressure -2psi (I found several articles) which gives me glorious and sustained pressure for a time. The next night it was -10psi. I didn't check it last night, but today the water pressure is down to it's normal pathetic values, 60psi at...
  13. spiral_72

Stagger the holes so there's some material left. I actually plugged the end with a 1/2" wood dowel I tapered on the lathe then rammed inside. An actual plumbing cap won't fit the hole... I'm not sure if they sell test caps for 1/2" CPVC but that would be an option too. I don't know where the...
  14. spiral_72

Yessir I sure did for at least 30minutes plus another 15minutes to find the CL test kit and use it. There was just a hint, barely detectable, of bleach odor in the water out of the hose. From my one previous experience, it didn't take near that long to get bleach through the system. I had what...
  15. spiral_72

FWIW: The well has been parked for 24hrs now with very little water use and a strong chlorine odor. You might say 48hrs, but I don't know what happened to the first gallon of chlorine I sent down there the day before....... I did cycled the water back into the well with the garden hose for...
  16. spiral_72

Could you expound briefly on how they would determine which problem is at fault? The pump would be easy to diagnose, the fractures I would assume a well guy would calculate recovery, but without a pump? Would they use a camera? I'll look into Boresaver. Thank you. I have not considered this...
  17. spiral_72

South Carolina, 6" drilled well from 1985???, 3/4hp pump at 220ft deep 5yrs old, two 30micron filters in series, pressure switch at 38/50psi, 2 adults and a baby in the house. We use on average maybe 600gal per week which includes laundry days. Six months ago I had well troubles, no water...
  18. spiral_72

Well maintenance question

It's a PVC casing. I'd read about air in PVC, but I figured the pressure of the ground on the pipe would offset any pressure I could put in. I'm going to do some more research in the off chance I find something I find a fix I don't have to borrow money for. It sounds like they used to use a...
  19. spiral_72

So not only no, but ....... #3 - I was planning to cap the pump output pipe so the water didn't push into my house plumbing and seal with the well cap. Regardless it sounds like it won't work. Thank you for the response even though that's not what I wanted to hear. The air would develop 2800#...
  20. spiral_72

Hello, I've been referencing these forums for some time My well is drilled, 6in casing with a 3/4hp pump at 220ft depth in South Carolina. 10 yrs ago I calculated/estimated 500gal of output before running the well dry in ~45 minutes. That give me the impression I had great flow into the well...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks