Search results

1. boost2525

Washing Machine + Slop Sink + AAV

Agree to disagree. I have watched computer viruses wipe out life savings (by capturing your bank account login), shut down smart traffic signals (by disrupting network communications between the nodes), and destroy entire lifetimes of memories (by destroying your digital pictures). I still...
  2. boost2525

=) Hence the quotes around master plumber. Just because they write it on their orange apron doesn't make it true. I've learned to take whatever they say with a grain of salt. Ahhhhh haaaaaaa. I see it now. Charlette Pipe has a diagram of all the fittings and it looks like the DFF centerline...
  3. boost2525

Assuming I swap the wye for a double fixture fitting... it would look like this. How is this legal (for two sinks) but not legal for what I want to do? https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?22539-Double-fixture-tee-or-double-sanitary-tee
  4. boost2525

Hardly. 1. Why is a "Double Fixture Fitting" legal if a wye and 45's is not? UNANSWERED. 2. Why would an AAV for the sink interfere with the washing machine pump? UNANSWERED. 3. If vent lines were added to each p-trap (be they AAV or full vents) how is that better than the single shared vent...
  5. boost2525

Nope, all I'm asking for is a 10,000 foot explanation on why something will or will not work. As an aside, I see this type of response *far* too much in plumbing forums. We get it, you spent a lot of time and money training to do what you so. So did I... so did MOST people. Stroll on over to...
  6. boost2525

It's identical aside from the fitting used where the horizontal runs meet the vertical runs. In that thread it's two stacked sanitary t's, I'm trying to reduce that to one fitting (due to limited vertical space).
  7. boost2525

Typed words convey no emotions, you're adding those yourself. I'm throwing alternatives out there in an attempt to understand why one is preferred over the other. Simply saying "that's code" answers the question, but it doesn't help me understand WHY that's code. Something something...
  8. boost2525

Thanks for COMPLETELY ignoring the first line of the post. Save the speech, I really don't care or want to hear it. AAV's are allowed by code - and I'm using one. Code advances, technology advances, you need to adapt. Why do you say that. Let's assume I added an AAV immediately off of the...
  9. boost2525

Please save the speeches about how "an AAV is the lazy way out"... there is simply no way I can run a proper vent in this space. That said... I've spoken with several "master plumbers" at the big box stores, and they all said something different. I won't have a chance to talk to my local...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks