Search results

1. Watson524

Testing a well that hasn't been used in a while

Hi there, We tore down a mobile home recently but the electric was disconnected about 5 years or so ago so the well hasn't been run in that long. Thinking about turning it into an RV site since we have electric pole/wall/septic onsite already. The well was installed in 1973 when my parents got...
  2. Watson524

Can you fully bury 2" black iron pipe threads into fitting?

Hi there, I'm building a 4 tap kegerator using 2" black iron pipe. 4 tees (bushings in the front for the taps), 2 elbows on each end, 2 6" nipples with a union between on the "legs" and then floor flanges. Between the ts and elbows I'm using a close nipple and I'd like to see as little thread...
  3. Watson524

Washing machine lines getting corroded, trying to prevent a problem

Hi again, Given the shower drain issue in my other post, we started looking around my godmother's basement for water drips on the floor and it looks like the washing machine feed lines may be a problem. Hard to say if the dampness on the floor is from condensation or and ACTUAL leak , but...
  4. Watson524

Replacing shower stall drain that's leaking, any DIY tips?

Hi all, Went up to visit my 83 year old godmother today and happened to be there while her grandson was in the shower and while someone was in the basement cleaning out, I hear them yelling my name to come look at water coming out of the ceiling into the unfinished basement. Turns out the...
  5. Watson524

Question on Toto Drakes for remodel

Hi all, We are moving into my parents old house after a bit of a remodel. The house was built in late 2002 and except for the laundry room toilet, it has Drake 1.6gpf Comfort (ADA/Chair/whatever) height toilets that I've always liked. We added a basement bathroom and also need to swap the...
  6. Watson524

Radiant heat in bathroom is nice..... WHEN it behaves

Hi all, In my mom's house (currently unoccupied but myself or my husband is up there 4 to 5 times a week to check on things), there's a hot water oil fired boiler with 3 zones of hot water baseboard, 1 zone for hot water and 1 zone for the radiant heat in the master bathroom. Some things about...
  7. Watson524

Delta 2 handled kitchen faucet eating seats

Hi all, I'm a DIYer but I consider myself in the above average of handy category. An older friend of mine had a 2 handle kitchen faucet that was constantly dripping and the same in her bathroom faucet. She asked if I could help her out and said that she had someone in the past (several years...
  8. Watson524

Replacing head and internal screen on spirovent

Hi all, My mom's boiler has a 1 1/4" spirovent (Junior model) right above the expansion tank. The thing has slowly dripped a bit for a long time and is pretty sludged up at the nipple there. It's about 12 years old. It'd take some doing to get the whole vent out with taking various fittings...
  9. Watson524

Homeowner installing electric to hot tub

Hi all, We just purchased a hot tub and are now waiting for it to come in and planning out the electrical. We currently have a 200a main panel. In that there's a 50a/double pole breaker feeding a subpanel directly underneath it with #6 AWG wire. The subpanel has a 60a transfer switch in it (not...
  10. Watson524

Recurring air lock in one zone

Hi all, We have a 12 year old house with a Weil McLain Gold boiler. 5 zones (one to hot water tank, one to garage, one to main floor, one to 3 bedrooms and a guest bath upstairs and one to master bedroom/bath/closet). The master bedroom one is an issue. Pretty consistently, the first cold spell...
  11. Watson524

Toilet handle for Toto Drake

We're remodeling a powder room and going from a pedestal sink to a vanity with top mount vessel sink and single hand "pump" style faucet all in oil rubbed bronze. I didn't have plans to change the toiler since there's nothing wrong with it and I bought a Moen toilet handle...
  12. Watson524

Weil McLain Gold P/T Gauge question

Hi all, Mom has a Weil McLain Gold hot water boiler. The pressure/temp gauge on the front is no longer reading pressure. Since I was doing other work today on it (adding in valves and hose bibs so zones could be drained in isolation), I wanted to replace the gauge. Went to the local plumbing...
  13. Watson524

How much Mapp gas?

Hi there, Going to be tackling a soldering project this weekend with supervision from a family friend who's a long time plumber (retired). I think I can handle it but since I've only soldered things that didn't much matter before, I wanted him there to make sure I'm doing it right. Adding a...
  14. Watson524

Adding glycol back into system

Hi all, We have a Weil McLain Gold boiler up at my mom's. She has a zone that's radiant flooring in her bathroom with a mixing valve. 3 other zones are baseboard hot water and another zone is baseboard hot water but in a sun room that's on peers with insulation under the flooring. Because of...
  15. Watson524

Adding non slip surface to shower for older person

Hi all, My mom is getting up there in years and has had a few falls recently. In her main bathroom she has a shower (with a seat so low it's useless, tho she's not at the point of needing a seat yet) with a sliding door. We've added 2 grab bars in the shower and one directly outside to assist...
  16. Watson524

Vessel sink size question

Hi everyone, DIYer here with a question for the experts. We're replacing a cracked pedestal sink in a very small powder room with no storage with a vanity (door in middle, open sides so it won't make the room look much smaller and raised legs for flow underneath) and a vessel sink, totally on...
  17. Watson524

Limited heat in one zone, circulator running, air lock?

Hi all, We woke up this morning and in our master bedroom, the thermostat read 63 even though it's set at 67. It was single digits cold here overnite but that has happened before and not caused an issue. Our primary winter heat system is an oil fired hot water boiler. The thermostat for the...
  18. Watson524

Boiler going into "lockout" mode

Hi all, On Saturday, our boiler started randomly putting itself into lock out mode. This was only noticed because my husband said he had a cold shower. We have a Weil McLain oil fired boiler, oil hot water baseboard heat and a Boilermate tank for hot water. As a result of this thread...
  19. Watson524

Hot coming out of cold... Boilermate/Coil issue?

Hi everyone, When we first built our house in 2002, we had just a Weil McLain Oil Fired Water boil using the coil for potable hot water and feeding our hot water baseboard heat. In January 2006, we added an Amtrol Boilermate. Our oil company did the install for us and I thought when we talked...
  20. Watson524

Quick question on glass framed pivoting shower door hardware question

This is stupid, I know, I accept that... We have the shower all back together and have two plastic pieces that go around the "pins" sticking out of the top and bottom hinge side of the door. One is a fatter (white), fully enclosed circle piece that seems stronger, but leaves the door sitting...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks