Search results

1. Young_apprentice

How to get out of this situation.... toilet flange in conrete

So the problem was i got tricked by the flange. I looked at it real quick with him and It never registered with me that even though i knew it was a Street flange i forgot to account for the bump out by the collar.... thats what got caught. I should have scarfed the floor out a 1/4... bet ill...
  2. Young_apprentice

How to get out of this situation.... toilet flange in conrete

Had a rough day today thanks to a toilet flange that should have been soo easy, but not with my luck it turned into a nightmare and im wondering if anyone here has any advice on what to do next time as it ended up being my very angry boss turning our sawzall into a wrecking ball and going to...
  3. Young_apprentice

Ahhh rough plumbing need help!!!!

ahhhh sry guys yeah my master was with me the whole time, i was just nervous im good at stuff you can "think" through i love plumbing/heating/cooling refrig theory and all the cool mechanisms and how the work im good at that (because i have no life and i just google plumbing stuff all night...
  4. Young_apprentice

Noisy plumbing

yeah apparently it could even be the impeller or something internal all messed up and the sound its being transmitted through the piping--- i did not know that
  5. Young_apprentice

Ahhh rough plumbing need help!!!!

Sorry for the dramatic title But really i need help big time Ive finally landed an Apprenticeship job with a good guy. I like service work and usally only did (minor ) service work. Now im working for a guy who only does rough plumbing :( Im awful at roughs/ remodels. I have terrible Spatial...
  6. Young_apprentice

Noisy plumbing

Hey criag jeeze tough question, As a well guy for many years im sure you know a whole lot it seems like you covered alot of ground here, im not really a well person (yet) but i like tossing around ideas and i have a couple and i think maybe I have an answer that might be semi- plausible :eek...
  7. Young_apprentice

Does Pressure balanced Fixtures make Mixing valves obsolete?

Thanks hackney. Yeah i saw online most people like to pipe it 12" below the top of the water heater, which is odd because in my experiance although short i've only seen it sitting on top of the WH i dont know why they would do that.
  8. Young_apprentice

Leaking Indirect coil causing Boiler Pressure to increase= pop of t+P

Thanks jad, i forgot about that :o i just snuck back to the job and purged it. Im real un familiar with boilers so im looking forward to see if the problem resolves itself monday morning and i plan on reporting back the result. This stuff makes me think of what dan holhan said about putting a...
  9. Young_apprentice

Ok thanks terry that helps, I was just thinking of a backflow(maybe i meant to say check valve i can get them confused often) to assure flow of water in one direction and prevent thermal siphoning that would occur with the water at even hotter temperatures. Plus with the hot side being so hot...
  10. Young_apprentice

Hmmm ok thanks terry now How exactly does a Thermostatic mixing valve/ or tempering valve increase your hot water capacity, is it because it allows hot water to be stored in the tank at a higher temperature thus lessening heat recovery rate as it keeps it hotter for high HW demand households...
  11. Young_apprentice

Tempering Valve Installation Question

Huh interesting Im thinking about maybe throwing one of those onto my WH at my house. How did this Tempering Valve allow you to have more hot water? For two baths thats pretty good for an electric heater. Now isn't running you WH at 140 going to add to your electric bill as you now have to...
  12. Young_apprentice

Dana, Tom thank you, I swear learning about boilers is like learning another language so tricky. Ok i will shut off the manuel autofill and i guesss see if the system de-pressurizes, or goes back down to like 15psi. Dana I cannot beleive i didn't think of the auto filler, I should have realized...
  13. Young_apprentice

Once again thanks guys- you all have some much info i have know idea how you all KNOW so much i just bought siggentheilers book on Modern Hydronic heating maybe that will help me out. Ok so PB valves do come with Temp limiting stop- i usally just chuck it or set it up so it makes no...
  14. Young_apprentice

Now all valves seem to come pressure balanced showers even faucets. are mixing valves even necessary anymore? Is their any application that they are useful or needed. The only example i could think of would be being able to divert super hot water to clothse washer or sanitation devices but...
  15. Young_apprentice

hi everyone, Ok so their is a boiler and the PSI is rising and rising until the temperature and pressure releif goes pop. My friend who is a Master plumber thinks its the coil of the indirect has pin whole leak and it allows pressure from the house into the tank. Now he doesn't vocalize much...
  16. Young_apprentice

Expansion tank on HWD system

Thanks guys this is helping me alot, just bare with me on some of question. Ok so back in the day before We put check valves, pressure relief valves, Backflow preventers, on everything to prevent contamination of our cities municipal supplies. any water that expanded ( i just read that water...
  17. Young_apprentice

Ok thanks hackney that made sense Volume control caused by the increase in temperature- thats the purpose of a expansion tank. I can see now how it would protect the t+p. As the heated water expands it has nowhere to go due to the check valve so it would normally expand and expand until the t+p...
  18. Young_apprentice

Hey everyone, just a quick question, im a plumbing apprentice so i have ALOT of them and i need a place to get answers! why does a expansion tank need to be installed on some hot water dist. systems but not others? FLEXCON- gave this answer in their Instruction manuel... Anyone care to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks