Search results

1. how2do

Set-Rite Kit Toilet Flange Spacer System

It got me thinking about this Sani-Seal product and sought out some reviews...Here is one...."If the gap between the bottom of the toilet and the toilet drain flange on the floor is small, these seals are not a very good option. The foam rubber compresses only so far, and the toilet will end up...
  2. how2do

Just wanted to chime in here again on the Set-Rite products, Sani-seal and UPC labeling...while I have never used the Sani-Seal...it doesn't seem like it will fill the voids with the imperfect manufacture of a toilet the way using a wax ring would...I guess I am old school...!!! The Set-Rite...
  3. how2do

Toilet flange height

As far as flow and any restriction to the waste line...that's a misnomer...the maximum diameter of most toilet outlets is 2 inches...some I have seen are 2-1/4" but that all depends on the manufacturer's casting mold. The correct method is to mount the toilet flange on top of the finished floor...
  4. how2do

Toilet Flange Not Level

Hi gnrboyd, I am attaching a picture that I got from a video on YouTube. It shows the relative position of a toilet flange with a cutaway of a toilet base. Since you are just replacing your linoleum/vinyl flooring and your flange is resting on top of the finished floor...you're good. I usually...
  5. how2do

Leaking toilet and corroded flange repair

Hey there... Did you check out the video 'Complete Toilet Flange Extender Kit' by Set-Rite on YouTube yet? I have used this product before...sounds like it might work for your situation.
  6. how2do

Set-Rite Extender Flange - Worked for Me Just wanted to chime in on this thread....the fact is most toilets have an opening of less than 2-1/2"...the Toto being the exception since it is 2-1/8 inches in diameter. I have used this product before and it works as advertised, those piece of crap...
  7. how2do

Repair 60 year old toilet installation: wax free toilet seal or flange extender?

Hi, Just to let you know that I have used the Set-Rite Extender Kit. I can tell you it was a breeze to use. The kit comes with it's own gasket but I opted for the good old wax ring. One of the things that drove me to it, besides the video, was finding out it was IAPMO code approved. I just...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks