Search results

1. R

[B]Soldering 101 Question[/B]

Job successfully completed, using a Tee adapter and threaded brass plug. I didn't need install a pressure gauge, but if I ever decide I want one, I know where I can install it, easily. I learned something - thanks to all of you.
  2. R

Yes, Plumber1 and SteveW, I think you've got it right. I did solder the coupling into a closed section (closed by the two cut-off valves). And I agree, that's why I have the leak now: the stea/air pressure during the last soldering must have created the pin-leak I'm now dealing with. I like...
  3. R

I have a bad solder joint in a 1/2-inch copper line, at a coupling. Pin-hole spray of water. There are convenient shut-off valves to isolate the section of line, but the pipe is full of water. I think I have to cut the line, drain the water, and then re-fit and re-solder. Is that right?
  4. R

Can pipe joints cause water flow noise?

The picture shows the diverter valve for my roman tub. When feeding the tub spout, the pipes generate LOUD rushing water noise, heard throughout the house. When set to the hand spray, nice and quiet flow. Notice the multiple 90-degree bends in the line to spout. Could they be causing the...
  5. R

Roman tub diverter noise

OK, I finally have a photo of the diverter plumbing which (hopefully) was uploaded. The diverter itself appears to be 3/4 inch all around. It is reduced to 1/2 inch for the hand sprayer (which runs real quiet). The short run from diverter to spout has 3 90-degree joints in view, and at least...
  6. R

Roman tub diverter noise

Good idea. I'll check to see what diverter was used, and whether all three ports are 3/4-inch. I guess it's possible that the output ports are 1/2-inch and the plumber used an adapter to go from 1/2 to 3/4 on the leg to the spout.
  7. R

Roman tub diverter noise

Hi All, My newly-installed Jason roman tub (in newly-built house) makes lots of noise when the diverter valve is set to supply the tub spout. When set to supply the sprayer, the noise vanishes. Noise is rushing water sound and can be heard throughout the house. The installing plumber says the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks