Search results

1. Ben in IL

Dishwasher supply line- simplify by using a washing machine supply?

HJ and fully- the threads on the Miele hose (female) and the quarter turn stop (male) are hose threads, just like on the standard washing machine braided supply lines. Fully- the 3/8 x 3/8 is very standard on most dishwashers, which is likely why the Bosch manual calls to use that with the 90...
  2. Ben in IL

Thanks, cacher. Surprisingly, the 90 adapter for the Bosch is on the "things you need to provide" list, so the washing machine hose saves me a few dollars there too. The Miele we took out had a proprietary 'waterproof' dual solenoid encapsulated supply line that is a feat of engineering...
  3. Ben in IL

We're replacing an older Miele dishwasher that used a 3/4" shut off for the supply line. The incoming Bosch unit calls for using a 3/4" 90 degree adapter, connecting to a supply line with 3/8" connectors at each end, which would require yet another adapter for the 3/8" line to 3/4" shutoff...
  4. Ben in IL

How do I remove these bathtub skirt panels?

How about trying to slide it up first? Might be a lip on the upper clips. Next step: flashlight and small mirror to see if you can get a peek as to what you're dealing with.
  5. Ben in IL

How do I remove these bathtub skirt panels?

From the tub we had with a panel, once you pulled out the bottom, next step was to pull down toward the floor to disengage the clips at the top. Typically that required a bit of wiggling of the panel as the clips were pretty stiff.
  6. Ben in IL

Bleach/chlorine smell in new shower/tub only (not in the rest of the house)

It wouldn't possibly be from the Bain with a little off-gassing fiberglass resin? (as a Bain owner, it's a great tub, but sometimes there is a bit of 'curing' chemical smell for a bit)
  7. Ben in IL

Need help with Toto vs Hansgrohe Shower fixtures

If anecdotal evidence helps any, we installed a Toto tub/shower valve set about 6 years ago. Our plumber hadn't installed any before, but liked the quality and construction of it. We've had no problems at all with it operationally, and it gets quite a bit of use from our kids.
  8. Ben in IL

Possible Design Flaw in Toto Drake Toilets: Consider Before Purchasing

We've not had the problem to the extent the posters above are having. We've got an older two piece Vespin, two Soirees, and a Drake II. The only place I've noticed any upsplash on the bottom of the seat is on the Soiree. No complaints on splash back from the ladies of the house, it only got...
  9. Ben in IL

AS Plebe toilet- rebuild or go shopping?

Gary, it will definitely save a bit for us. Our current combined water/sewer rates here come out to $0.01045/gallon (for now), so for a toilet that isn't used a lot (maybe 5-10 times a week) the pay back is pretty long. But- the ease of use factor and flush quality has a less measurable, but...
  10. Ben in IL

That was my initial thinking, but the thrifty side of me (reuse) was second guessing it. I think you've saved me the cost of the rebuild materials to use towards the new fixture. We started off our Totos with a Vespin, then two Soirees, and the Drake II comfort height/CEFIONTECT looks like a...
  11. Ben in IL

Hi Taylor! Glad to see the board back up and running. I like the new format. I did think it...

Hi Taylor! Glad to see the board back up and running. I like the new format. I did think it was funny that the first question I've had in years was on a day when the board was down. Thanks for your work on it!
  12. Ben in IL

After replacing 3 toilets in our main bathrooms with Totos, I'm now wrapping up the last of our projects in the basement, and have been following the board for ten years or so (Thanks, Terry and to all the regulars! The info on this board has been invaluable- really.) During demolition, I...
  13. Ben in IL

Tsurami Dewatering Pumps.....Anybody familar

Tsurami is pretty well known in the pond community, and has been established as a good brand there for quite a while. Those pond pumps are typically running full time recirculating the flow through filters and waterfalls, so that should be a good proving ground for their overall design. If you...
  14. Ben in IL

Thermostatic shower valves

We have had both the Toto and Grohe thermostatic valves for several years. Haven't had any problems with either one, and don't really notice a difference in operation. I will say the Toto valve is extremely well made (and the price reflects that). I have called Customer Service from both...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks