Search results

1. TF52

brass or plastic fittings for PEX?

I'm having PEX pluming installed. pH of my water when checked w pH paper, is somewhere around 6.8 - it is not 7. It is municipal water, not from a well. I read that if water is below 7 ,its acidic, and can cause brass fittings to fail. I also heard that plastic fittings are more likley to...
  2. TF52

CPVC or PEX - which is better for repiping a home?

thanks for your answer Terry. Can I ask why PEX is preferred? A plumber just told me that CPVC has a better warranty and I'm not clear on why that is.
  3. TF52

CPVC or PEX - which is better for repiping a home?

Hi everyone- I'm planning to have my QEST pipes removed and replaced. I have been getting a lot of opinions and estimates. Some plumbers say to use PEX others recommend CPVC. Can you tell me which one is less likely to have problems in the future, less likely to break or leak? Also, do I...
  4. TF52

Polybutylene QEST "Quest" pipes in my home

Thank you very much for your replies. The reason I got worried about the plumbing to begin with is that I am planning to have a new hardwood floor installed. I want to be careful before I install it so that it is not water damaged some day... I saw a tiny bit of corrosion / moisture near the...
  5. TF52

Polybutylene QEST "Quest" pipes in my home

My home was built in 1996 in central virginia. I have lived in this home for 10 years. I found out that my pipes are made of polybutylene - and the product name is Quest. I am told that Quest pipes are prone to leakage and that some homeowners replace their plumbing systems because of this. I...
  6. TF52

My home was built in 1996 in central virginia. I have lived in this home for 10 years. I found...

My home was built in 1996 in central virginia. I have lived in this home for 10 years. I found out that my pipes are made of polybutylene - and the product name is Quest. I am told that Quest pipes are prone to leakage and that some homeowners replace their plumbing systems because of this. I...
  7. TF52

My home was built in 1996 in central virginia. I have lived in this home for 10 years. I found...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks