Search results

1. F6Hawk

Well running out of water?

So I was chlorinating a well at my rental property the other day in an attempt to halt what I think is IRB. (red, slimy material on a cartridge filter that only lasts about 10 days before needing to be replaced) Afterwards, I intended to let the water run for 24-36 hours in order to clear...
  2. F6Hawk

7000SXT "stuck"

So Saturday night, I wrote down my remaining gallons as usual in tracking my water usage. Sunday night, the numbers were the same, 1422. Friday to Saturday, only 98 gallons used to get to 1422, and 24 hours later, 0 gallons used. Turned on a faucet, and the drop never appeared. Closed both...
  3. F6Hawk

Iron removal

I had the water tested a while back in a rental that is not far from my house. More iron than my residence, I believe it was about 4 or 5 ppm. about 9 or 10 days ago, I threw in a Kenmore softener to replace an aging one at the rental house. At the same time, I replaced the pleated cartridge...
  4. F6Hawk

Gould J05 questions

I just bought a house with a J05 hydro pro system with a V60MP tank, and the water table is about 7-8' below the surface. The house is plumbed with 1/2" copper, and the water is fairly hard with 10 gpg and about 2 ppm of iron. There is currently a water softener installed, but not sure how long...
  5. F6Hawk

Junk in water

Ok, so about 1.5 weeks after installing a temporary softener until my 7000SXT arrives, I turned on the water today and this came out of my tub faucet. Is this because the hard stuff built up inside my pipes is breaking up? I would turn on the cold water full blast, it would run clear for about...
  6. F6Hawk

Do I need a softener?

I have community water which comes from large wells here in North Pole, AK. The hardness was tested as 9gpg, with only trace iron (the lady said zero). We have a family of 4, pressure is 50psi, and 3/4" service from the main. 2.5 baths, with 5 sinks, 2 bath/showers, 3 toilets, and a washing...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks