Search results

1. F6Hawk

Iron staining, Sulfur smell, water options

Yes, I understand how to subtract the static water level from the well depth, and I know you do too, so I didn't use the proper words of water column height vs. well depth. Sorry. I don't think the site I quoted mentioned the hose method, but several other sites on how to shock a well do. And...
  2. F6Hawk

Programming a Fleck 7000 and Sanitizing

LOL, no argument there, Tom. Pretty simple. Though I haven't used it long enough to know how much iron it will actually overcome, in the long run. I recognize your points, Gary, and can only say that when I did it, it only took those 30-45 seconds for ALL the SIO to leave the clear filter...
  3. F6Hawk

Iron staining, Sulfur smell, water options

Gary, half a gallon of bleach per 100' of well? Are you SERIOUSLY giving out this advice on a public forum, with no other guidance? I sincerely hope no one pays you any attention, without doing some research themselves. Your advice does not take into account the diameter of a well, therefore...
  4. F6Hawk

So basically, you are full of $hit, and have NO BASIS for saying what you said to me. Ok, thanks for clearing that up for us.
  5. F6Hawk

Can you say WHY it is a bad way?
  6. F6Hawk

I'd prefer you go with one of the pro's recommendations on the BLFC and DLFC, they know better what to use and why. But as for my numbers, those are based on both the BLFC as well as TIME... you can get the same efficiency now by reducing the time it refills the brine tank. Remember, time...
  7. F6Hawk

Let me clarify what I was saying... What I did was to put the 1/4 cup into the filter bowl, open a faucet for about 30-45 seconds to ensure all the SIO was in the softener, then I set the softener to regen later that night, and left the house. Another way would be to just wait a while after the...
  8. F6Hawk

11 minutes times 0.5 gpm yields 5.5 gallons, times 3 lbs per gallon gives you 16.5 lbs per regen. 22 minutes times .125 gpm yields 2.75 gallons, times 3 lbs per gallon gives you 8.25 lbs per regen. If you have a cartridge filter before your softener, I would add the 1/4 cup SIO to that, run...
  9. F6Hawk

My new Fleck 7000sxt

I gotcha. I can share with you MY settings for a 1.5 cuft system, but your best bet would be to get a cheat sheet from Dittohead on here specifically for the 7000SXT on a 64K tank. He really knows his stuff, and is very helpful.
  10. F6Hawk

My new Fleck 7000sxt

You will pull from the brine tank until all the water is sucked out and a check valve stops the flow. It's a brine fill/slow rinse process, so after all the brine is drawn out, it continues to push plain water slowly thru the resin. I'm curious why you chose 40mins/5gals for your brine fill...
  11. F6Hawk

Water Softener & Options Recommendations

Assuming 60 GPPPD, you could get a 48K, set it for 8 # of salt, and go 10 days between regens, using about 438 lbs of salt per year. Or set it for 6 # of salt, go about 9 days between regens, and use about 365 lbs of salt per year. Go with a smaller 32K system, and set it for 8#, and get about...
  12. F6Hawk

Iron Remover/Water Softener redesign

valve /valv/ Noun: A device for controlling the passage of fluid through a pipe or duct. flow control /flo kontrol/ ( engineering ) Any system used to control the flow of gases, vapors, liquids, slurries, paste. Synonyms Words with identical or similar meanings.
  13. F6Hawk

Problem with water spots on chrome fixtures

I thought I might add, if you really want to remove water spots from glass (not from metal, many metals react by forming hydrogen gas, which is highly flammable)... sodium hydroxide (lye) is a common, STRONG base that is used to make sodium silicate. I have never tried it, but I would suspect a...
  14. F6Hawk

Problem with water spots on chrome fixtures

Removing silica stains is tough; typically, CLR and similar products will not work ( they are acid-based, as is silica). When I lived in Hawaii, it literally ruined vehicle paint jobs as well as glass. There WAS a removal product that worked well on the glass, though I can't remember the name...
  15. F6Hawk

routine maintenance, is cleaning of softener resin advisable?

And therein lies the rub... what concentration, and how much contact time? At 200 ppm, dishes are recommended for 1 minute of contact time. I'd warrant that 10-30 ppm during the brine draw cycle would be sufficient once or twice per year. But am I willing to sacrifice MY softener to science...
  16. F6Hawk

Salt Dosage and Fleck 6700XTR, or any head for that matter

Looks like he got a pretty accurate average over more than a few months. Definitely NOT your normal consumer here!!
  17. F6Hawk

I just gave you an example of how they would regenerate on different days, and using differing amounts of salt. Not sure what I was unclear about above. I even provided numbers to show the salt savings. I am sure you must know what I am saying here, since you have been "in the trades" for...
  18. F6Hawk

And THAT is exactly what he is referring to that should be linear, the amount of water (and hence salt) that needs to be put into the resin each regen. A 48K tank SHOULD take exactly twice as much refill time as a 24K tank, given that the salt dose is the same. But therein lies the problem...
  19. F6Hawk

Yes, yes, and yes. I agree that going higher is better than going low, when sizing a system. When I did mine, based on all of the advice here, I used 60 GPPPD. See, I listen!! But... here we are talking about he difference between meters and clocks, because he already has his system in...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks