Search results

1. FleckLander

Salt Dosage and Fleck 6700XTR, or any head for that matter

"From these numbers I can calculate the required brine and rinse time." Just so everyone is on the same page, it's my understanding that the standard softener cycles are backwash, followed by brine draw/slow rinse, followed by rapid rinse, followed by brine fill. (Assuming no double backwash...
  2. FleckLander

Resin-Tech CG8-BL vs. CGS-BL

I emailed the seller on Friday with a copy of the Fleck bulletin and let them know my concerns about the oversized BLFC and larger injector. I got the impression that they weren't aware of this particular Fleck bulletin regarding the 7000 valve. I found this interesting from someone who touts...
  3. FleckLander

Thanks dittto for confirming my suspicions on what I thought bulletin no. 599 was saying. After a little googling and comparing shipping addresses and domain registrations, it looks like Enting also operates a retail storefront and an online storefront under a different name that I bought my...
  4. FleckLander

The 7000SXT arrived early this morning with the neighbors early AM UPS next day air stuff. I wasn't that impressed with the packaging of the resin tank. Just a two piece tight fitting box with no collars around the resin tank or anything. Distributor tube was just rolling around loose inside...
  5. FleckLander

Current softener feeds hot water and laundry room cold. When I drop down the new loop for the new softener it will add soft cold to all the main bathroom fixtures as well. Depending on how well soft cold in the main bath sink goes for teeth brushing, I plan on adding soft cold to the half...
  6. FleckLander

My 7000SXT softener should be arriving on Wednesday. Dealer has indicated that it is a current USA production valve. Will be shipped in 4 separate boxes. Customer comments on their website indicate that items were packaged well, so hopefully they'll keep the valve in its original factory box...
  7. FleckLander

Thanks for the info. I wasn't concerned about the new mold so much, but about the possibility that someone has some 2 or 3 year old 7000's laying around from Mexico.
  8. FleckLander

Now I'll have to call them again and confirm that these are all current production 7000SXT's. Am I correct in assuming that the valve should come in a factory sealed box with a production date on it somewhere and a serial number on the valve?
  9. FleckLander

Thanks for everyones comments. Getting back to the original question, I actually found an online retailer who seems to know what they are talking about. Their standard C108 8% resin manufactured by General Technologies in China is actualy WQA certified to NSF 44 and 61. They even gave me the...
  10. FleckLander

I'm discovering that buying a softener online is kinda like the wild wild west regarding resin selection. One site says "tested by WQA", but doesn't say "tested and certified by WQA". Is that just an ommission or an attempt to deceive.....lol One site touts they have USA made DOW resin, but...
  11. FleckLander

Thanks for all the great advice I received in prior posts. I decided to forgo the Vortech tank and go with a 5600SXT in 64K with regular resin tank. Will be ordering the unit Monday from one of two online dealers. Just need some advice on resin upgrades. Someone in the household has...
  12. FleckLander

Proper resin tank size for 2 cubic foot softener?

I'm looking at the double backwash because I've read a lot of the studies that dittto referred to. I might want to experiment with low salt doses and see what happens. Or, the well might develop some iron problems in the future and I'll be all set for it. I talked to one online seller...
  13. FleckLander

That's why I want to add it to the 5600 with "Double Backwash D/F Cam #40609" Double backwash is shown as an option in the 5600 service manual. This part retails for about $12.50. Can anyone confirm this is all I need for double backwash on the 5600? The service manual doesn't show any other...
  14. FleckLander

OK, you guys have talked me into forgetting the Vortech tank Thanks for all the very good information. Compared to the 7000SXT with Vortech, the 5600SXT without Vortech is $76 cheaper at Ohio Pure Water and $94 cheaper at Quality Water For Less. QWFL is only about 90 miles from my house, so I...
  15. FleckLander

Thanks for the reply Dittto. If I could pick your brain a bit more, one dealer has indicated that there would be a compatibility problem between the 7000 and a Vortech tank. Other than the fact that no one seems to stock the Vortech tank with a 1.25 adapter that would mate up with the 7000 32...
  16. FleckLander

Long time lurker, first time poster. From alot of reading on here and Gary's site, I think I've got the sizing thing down. I'm looking at a 2 cubic foot softener that should let me regen every 7 days with a 5 lb. per cubic foot salt dose. I'm getting conflicting resin tank size...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks