Search results

1. olgt

Kenmore no brine draw

Suction restored after venturi gasket is replaced I'd like to post an update on my adventure. I've decided to order the seal kit and the venturi gasket from http://www.softenerparts.com/kb_results.asp?ID=36. I then compared the new venturi gasket with the old one - here are the pictures of the...
  2. olgt

Kenmore no brine draw

Thanks again for looking into this issue! I have my brine line in a separate bucket with the salt so I can check the suction by hand. After I activate and deactivate the bypass in the brine mode I can feel a good suction at the end of the brine line. It then gradually decreases until no suction...
  3. olgt

Kenmore no brine draw

I've disconnected the hose adapter from the valve cover and it all looked alright to me. Should I try cleaning inside of the valve cover somehow?
  4. olgt

Kenmore no brine draw

Here is the diagram of the valve assembly: http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-model/Kenmore-Parts/Water-softener-Parts/Model-625388150/0582/1090000/P0203306/00003?blt=06&prst=&shdMod= Should I try disconnecting Nozzle and Venturi housing and clean the two lines inside? What else...
  5. olgt

Kenmore no brine draw

Checked the drain line: still no suction after a period of time Checked the drain line by connecting the clear line to the drain hose adapter and confirming the steady flow to the drain. Still the same issue - good suction after bypass is activated and then deactivated right away, then gradual...
  6. olgt

Kenmore no brine draw

I see - great point! I was just under impression that the backwash and fast rinse will flush anything from there. I have another line I can use so it will be a simple test to do. My drain line goes straight down from the valve and is attached to another drain pipe that runs to the drain at an...
  7. olgt

Kenmore no brine draw

Interesting idea about "the hole behind the injector throat and nozzle" - I'll check it out, if I can find it ;-). Here is my dilemma. Our local Sears in Minnesota does not seem to have any o-rings in stock so I have to wait for the shipment to come. For that reason I hesitated to remove the...
  8. olgt

Kenmore no brine draw

good suction for 5-10 mins and then the suction level is gradually reduced First of all, thank you so much for posting a lot of very useful information in this thread. It really helped me and shortened my troubleshooting steps quite a bit! I have a similar problem with my Kenmore UltraSoft...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks