Search results

1. Carloliveira

Tub drain venting question

Bathtub p-trap arm enters waste pipe through WYE with 1/8 bend and behind that WYE is the branch vent that connects to the main vent in the attic. Based on what I reviewed in the 2018 National Standard Plumbing Code, which is what my location follows, Figure 12.6.2 - (A) shows a vent has to...
  2. Carloliveira

Verticle stack advice needed...

I have two drains (horizontal runs) both the Lav and Tub are properly trapped and both are vented through my attic less than 2 feet from both of thier own traps that enter my basement and connect to a verticle stack. Because I plan on making a small configuration change to how the two horizontal...
  3. Carloliveira

Plumbing a washer in correctly.......

Just want to begin by thanking everyone for their input before I ask kindly for your help... Currently my washer is plumbed into the sanitary through a one way valve then into a wye with no trap and unfortunately this is the way it was when I bought the home. The picture I'm posting along...
  4. Carloliveira

joining pvc to old cast pipe....

when connecting new pvc plumbing work to old cast pipes you must always use fernco couplings this is for waste water and vent as well correct?
  5. Carloliveira

PVC fitting question?

Just need to know if this situation is possibly taboo.... Off of a vertical riser from a tub drain into a 90 street elbow into the 45 of a wye lying on it's side to connect to a horizontal run..... Trying to minimize space taken between the 2x8 so my basement drop ceiling doesn't have to...
  6. Carloliveira

Bathroom re-model plumbing repair possible problems with old plumbing!!!!!!

First off I just want to thank you for your help before hand. Planning a bathroom remodel and updating the plumbing to PVC but not replacing the vent pipes going up to the attic and out the roof, will mate them to pvc using threaded adapters. After an initial look at what needs to be replaced...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks