Search results

1. Queen50

Identifying issues with installing freestanding tub in basement

Need advice, please. We want to replace an acrylic one-piece shower with a freestanding tub in a basement bathroom. By removing an alcove wall and rerouting the pex water lines, we would have the space to place the tub utilizing the existing drain. (The drain lines are below grade.) The work...
  2. Queen50

Water heater replacement in modular home

Our 40 gallon electric water gave up the ghost three days before Christmas; the thermostat wouldn't shut off. Since it is 15 years old, we turned off the circuit breaker, picked out a similar sized 50 gallon tank on-line from a big box store, and arranged to have it installed through their 'same...
  3. Queen50

Kitchen faucet with pull out opinions?

I sorta would like one, but are they problem prone? Leaky, won't retract etc? Anyone with experience?
  4. Queen50

Replace WH now or wait for new improved one?

I have a 40 gal electric water heater that is 10 years old and slowly fading. It's too small for our needs now and we want to replace it with a 50 or 55 gallon. I'm trying to decide whether to do it now, or wait for the new more efficient units to come out. I know I need a cost/benefits...
  5. Queen50

Slow filling toilet bowl; tank fills ok

Recently the AS Champion 4 has been extremely slow in filling the bowl. Flush is OK, and the tank is not slow filling. I think the problem must be in the holes under the rim, correct? We are on well water and I did clean the inside of the tank a couple of weeks ago. How can I clean out the...
  6. Queen50

Duravit and Mirabelle bathtubs

Does anyone have any experience with these two brands? I'm looking for an acrylic soaking tub and like the looks of these, and they seem priced about the same as Kohler. It's just I've never heard of them and was wondering about the quality.
  7. Queen50

Replacing tub spout dumb question

The diverter broke in the tub spout. I've figured out I have a screw on 5-1/4" tub spout with a rear diverter on a 1/2" pipe. Hopefully I can find a replacement today. Do I have to shut the water off to the house just to replace the spout? Picture added by Terry Love, may not be same Delta...
  8. Queen50

How to turn water off to tub only

We need to rip out a one-piece fiberglass tub/surround unit and redo the bathroom, but can't do it all at once. I figure we will have to shut the water to the house off to demo the tub, since we can't locate any shutoff valves, but would like to be able to turn it on after that until we're ready...
  9. Queen50

Water heater size with and without tempering valve

I want to install an acrylic tub with a 60 gallon capacity. The current 40 gallon electric WH is not going to cut it; it supports 7 people, 3 baths, washing machine, and dishwasher now but we occasionally run short of hot water. I'm thinking of replacing it with either a 70 gallon HWH or a 60...
  10. Queen50

Kohler Archer tub

Planning a bath remodel and I'm looking at the Kohler 'Archer' alcove tub. It says its "Exocrylic" and weighs only 73 lbs. Is this material any good? Will it last or feel spongy? Their cast iron tubs weigh over 300 lbs. BTW, a contractor will be putting the tub in but it's a small bath so will...
  11. Queen50

Which is more efficient--one large WH or two smaller ones?

We need to replace our 40-gal electric WH. It shares a closet in the main floor bath with a washer & dryer. It was fine for two of us, but we added a basement bath last summer, and now have 7 people living here for the next two years or so. I can put a larger water heater in the space, but I...
  12. Queen50

Mixer valve or larger tank?

We have a 40 gal electric hot water tank about 6 years old. It was always adequate for the two of us, but our household has temporarily grown to 7, and we added a 3-piece bath in the basement. Sometimes we run low on hot water, what with all the showers, laundry, dishwasher running more...
  13. Queen50

Kitchen sink drain leaks when emptying full sink

We have a double sink. One sink works fine, but the other drain leaks if the sink is full of water when the stopper is pulled. I can see it dripping from the bottom of the P-trap, but can't pinpoint where the water is coming from. It works fine with simply running water, or if it contains a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks