Search results

1. Nick Gibb

Toto CST703.10 Reviews?

What can you tell me about the TOTO Reliance??? I have the possibility of being able to purchase a Toto Reliance toilet with a 10" rough in at a STEAL of a price. I believe it is a discontinued model, so I wanted to get some input, review, thoughts as to whether it is a good toilet or if there...
  2. Nick Gibb

Where to measure rough in for "Corner Toilet"???

So, I looked at the installation instructions for the Toto Aquia toilet and noticed that there is a "Socket" (the term they use in the installation instructions) that is supposed to attach to the bolts I will attach to the repair flange (as suggested by Terry). If this is attached to the new...
  3. Nick Gibb

Pressure against copper pipes????

When mounting the brass fitting for the rainhead shower feed in the shower i am working on, I had to put some pressure on the fitting to get it to sit against the wood (creating a little bit of torque pressure on the elbow joint it is connected to further down the line). Is a little bit of...
  4. Nick Gibb

Chrome nipples to copper water feed lines???

As I am rehabbing the bathroom in our rental condo, I need to lengthen the water feed pipes for the bathroom sink and toilet water feed (as the walls are being moved forward) I was curious if I could cut the copper back, sweat on a female threaded coupler and then screw in chrome plated...
  5. Nick Gibb

Converting from tub to shower - Drain questions

Wow Jadnashua....it is really an honor to meet an Olympic gold medalist. What year did you win your gold medal in the wet blanket toss? So far both times you have answered my posts it has been to tell me that I shouldn't even attempt what I am thinking about trying. Nice to see that you are so...
  6. Nick Gibb

I have a finish question. Once I install the linear drain (into a channel cut 1" to 1 1/2" deep into the floor), what should I use to fill both around the linear drain as well as the area already chiseled out of the floor? Concrete? I will be building a mortar bed on the floor sloped to the...
  7. Nick Gibb

Terry, Thank you so much for your input. I will take some photos of the project as I reinstall the new toilet (after a lot of other bathroom work) and post up the results.
  8. Nick Gibb

So more like this? Do I cut off the old flange or does the replacement ring just go over it?
  9. Nick Gibb

So just so I am understanding this right, you are suggesting I offset just the flange? Something like this: (The red being the flange and the blue the existing drain hole) Would I cut off the existing flange so the replacement sits over a flat hole? Do I need some type of sealer? Do I /...
  10. Nick Gibb

As I have never gotten this involved in plumbing renovation before, could you please explain to me what the issue would be with an offset flange? I am not questioning your suggestion, I just want to understand the reason behind moving the flange from it's current location (Which I would need...
  11. Nick Gibb

Photos of the rough-in distance from my walls I have attached the photos of where by flange sits in relation to the walls I am putting up in my bathroom. As you can see, the flange is only about 8" from the wall (that is the wall where the tank would back up to) (space has been left for the...
  12. Nick Gibb

Hidden tank toilet - Any with floor mounts???

Since I have such a short rough-in for my toilet (less then 10") and I don't believe the corner toilet will work, I am looking at other options. One I was considering was a hidden tank toilet (where the tank is mounted inside the wall), but all seem to also have the waste pipe connection inside...
  13. Nick Gibb

The concern is needing a short rough in because the drain hole is SO close to the wall. I will try to get some photos and measurements the next time I am up there.
  14. Nick Gibb

As I remodel the bathroom in our condo, I have found that the toilet drain pipe is REALLY close to the wall (the last tenant actually cut into the wall behind the toilet to get the tank to fit) so I was thinking about a "corner toilet" with a triangular tank. But I wanted to know where to...
  15. Nick Gibb

John, Thanks for the suggestions. I am looking into a linear drain system, but wanted to get your ideas/suggestions based on my drain placement situation. As you can see from the attached image: The placement of the drain is not the most convenient. The 2x2's you see on the floor...
  16. Nick Gibb

I have removed the tub from a condo I am rehabbing and am going to go with a standing shower. The plan is to create a sloped mortar bed (single layer, no pre-slope) and seal the floor and walls with Laticrete sealing liquid. The existing floor is concrete that was originally broken away to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks