Search results

1. wideglidejohnny

Toto Ultramax II makes loud screeching noise as toilet shuts off

Just an update. I checked the shutoff valve behind the toilet and it was turned all the way on. I also checked the little knob that controls the volume of refill water and it was also already turned so that it was parallel with the rubber hose. I tried to move this knob a little but it was...
  2. wideglidejohnny

Thanks for all the tips guys. I will report back and let you know if any of them work. How do I determine if high water pressure is causing this and if so, how do you lower the pressure? Thanks again.....
  3. wideglidejohnny

Hey guys, long time since I last visited but I need your help again. I have a Toto Ultramax II that makes a loud screeching noise as it shuts off. A little history first. I have had this toilet for a number of years now and when it was new I can't remember what it sounded like when shutting...
  4. wideglidejohnny

Loud boom and tripped breakers

Thanks everyone for all the good suggestions. I will do as advised. Thanks
  5. wideglidejohnny

Toto Drake II - tank moves easily when you touch it

Thanks CC, I don't know if he tightened it down enough or not, I just know it doesn't appear to be leaking anywhere. When I said about leaning back against the tank I didn't mean hard enough to put any stress on it. I guess you're probably right though about leaning back at all. Good advice...
  6. wideglidejohnny

Thanks for the quick responses guys. We definitely got rid of the smoking surge protector. The TV and stereo equipment seem fine so maybe the surge protector actually did it's job. Thanks again.
  7. wideglidejohnny

Toto Drake II - tank moves easily when you touch it

Hey everyone, I just had a Drake II installed and the installer pointed out that the tank swayed a little when you touched it. He thought that it was OK for it to do that and explained to me that it would take a little time for that rubber gasket to seat properly. There are no leaks...
  8. wideglidejohnny

Hey guys, Last night we had a very bad storm and during the storm we lost power. As I sat waiting for the power to come back on, I heard a loud bang/boom that I thought came from the kitchen area. My wife and daughter each thought it came from a different area in the house other than...
  9. wideglidejohnny

Broken closet flange bolt

Gary, You've been very helpful. Thanks. I will have a go at it in the next few days and will post back with my results. Hopefully the back holds out:) Piece of cake? Yeah right... Thanks
  10. wideglidejohnny

Thanks again Gary, When I remove the old toilet to replace the two flange bolts, would I need to remove the top tank, as it is a two piece toilet? I realize that if I don't remove the tank it would make it harder to lift the old toilet and also to reinstall it after the flange bolts are in...
  11. wideglidejohnny

Thanks Gary for your fast and helpful response. So, I guess an Ultramax II may be in my future. I guess the old saying "you get what you pay for", really holds true with toilets. Dang, I was really hoping to find a $100.00 toilet that flushed great. No chance huh? Again, thanks for your...
  12. wideglidejohnny

Hello everyone. First time poster here. I have an old toilet that has been our main toilet for about 25 years now, and yesterday I noticed that the one flange bolt that holds the toilet down was completely broken off and just lying on the floor. No idea how that happened, other than it may...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks