Search results

1. DIY Ray

Gravel under septic line okay?

Thanks for the advice. The trench dryed out very well and only ended up with skim coat of mud thanks to the sandstone bottom. I am putting cleanouts every 40'. Dry fit all the pipe yesterday and in runs perfectly. I used all schedule 40 pvc so it seems strong and solid. I drilled a 4" hole...
  2. DIY Ray

Gravel under septic line okay?

I'm now running the septic line 150' from the apartment to the main septic tank. Rented the trencher made a nice ditch and ready to lay pipe. My drop is on the money thanks to a friend with a transit system. The bottom of the trench solid sandstone, just soft enough to scrape a shovel full...
  3. DIY Ray

I'm now running the septic line 150' from the apartment to the main septic tank. Rented the...

I'm now running the septic line 150' from the apartment to the main septic tank. Rented the trencher made a nice ditch and ready to lay pipe. My drop is on the money thanks to a friend with a transit system. Now the problem, it poured rain and the trench filled with water (40' 2-10" deep)...
  4. DIY Ray

Connect apartment to main house well?

Thanks so much, everything makes sense to me now. l'll post some pics of the rough-in seeking critics!
  5. DIY Ray

good advice thanks, I'll have ditch this weekend from the apartment to the septic tank for the septic tie-in and won't be far from the main house water supply. Any major rules broken by running a water line in the same ditch as the septic line? Clean water and black water running side by side...
  6. DIY Ray

Still figuring out the details of how the apartment will be fed water. Likely directly from the well head. There will be a new water heater in the apartment. Thermal expansion is a new term for me, will have to study up on this. Anything advised is most appreciated.
  7. DIY Ray

Thanks, sorry for the delay been out of town. So if I understand, I can simply tee off from well head and the pressure to the apartment will be maintained by the main house switch. I have a hose hooked up to the main line at the well which I assume simulates how the apartment will receive water...
  8. DIY Ray

I have an 8yr old house with a drilled well (185'/30gpm) and typical pressure tank & switch. We have a new freestanding garage-top apartment very near our well head and quite far from the pressure tank of the main house (125'). I assume we need to dedicate a pressure tank & switch to the new...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks